Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I still hate NTL...

• 16-02-2010 2:52pm
    Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Sigh... I've lost count of how many times over the last number of years I have had unacceptable service from NTL at this stage. I’ve had NTL in the last 3 apartments I’ve lived in and maybe I’m just unlucky but I seems to always have problems with them. I wish I could change but it simply does not make financial sense to go with other providers for tv and internet etc. When it works its great but if you have a problem or need them, you're in trouble. I have had several week long outages on more than one occasion, I’ve spent countless hours on hold and almost never get a callback when it’s promised. As a person who works in a customer-orientated industry myself, I think it’s just incredible that a company can continue to offer such bad service on a continual basis.

To cut a long story short, the other day I waited from 9am in my new apartment twiddling my thumbs for the guy to turn up, who did not appear until after 2pm despite asking for an early appointment. He left after 5 minutes saying he needs access to a door in the apartment block which is locked – they never told me that I would have had to have the caretaker there to let him have access – and the guy even joked how he knows the complex well, comes here all the time and its always the same problem. FFS could he not have called me and told me that? Maybe they get paid on call outs and not successful installations or something. I booked another appointment for today and took the afternoon off work. Called several times to confirm my appointment and after many transfers and cutoffs and promised callbacks I never got, they told me the appointment had been cancelled – but they could not tell why exactly.

So now I have to make another appointment, take more time off work and be even longer without any tv or broadband – which for me is like not having a limb ;)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,334 ✭✭✭death1234567

Zascar wrote: »
    maybe I’m just unlucky but I seems to always have problems with them.
    your not unlucky, they are 100% **** with woeful customer service.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,321 ✭✭✭IrishTonyO

At the start found the customer service good, maybe I was just lucky as the time I called would have been morning times. However in the past few months have been having problems with speeds etc. since upgrading and just at my wits end at this stage. No replies to mails etc. I first got in touch with them regarding this on the 10th Jan. Since then have emailed them 4 more times and phones 3 times all to be told it is being looked into and someone will call me back and they never have done or do.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

Zascar wrote: »
    Sigh... I've lost count of how many times over the last number of years I have had unacceptable service from NTL at this stage. I’ve had NTL in the last 3 apartments I’ve lived in and maybe I’m just unlucky but I seems to always have problems with them. I wish I could change but it simply does not make financial sense to go with other providers for tv and internet etc. When it works its great but if you have a problem or need them, you're in trouble. I have had several week long outages on more than one occasion, I’ve spent countless hours on hold and almost never get a callback when it’s promised. As a person who works in a customer-orientated industry myself, I think it’s just incredible that a company can continue to offer such bad service on a continual basis.

To cut a long story short, the other day I waited from 9am in my new apartment twiddling my thumbs for the guy to turn up, who did not appear until after 2pm despite asking for an early appointment. He left after 5 minutes saying he needs access to a door in the apartment block which is locked – they never told me that I would have had to have the caretaker there to let him have access – and the guy even joked how he knows the complex well, comes here all the time and its always the same problem. FFS could he not have called me and told me that? Maybe they get paid on call outs and not successful installations or something. I booked another appointment for today and took the afternoon off work. Called several times to confirm my appointment and after many transfers and cutoffs and promised callbacks I never got, they told me the appointment had been cancelled – but they could not tell why exactly.

So now I have to make another appointment, take more time off work and be even longer without any tv or broadband – which for me is like not having a limb ;)

You really should write to them (old fashioned type letter) and ask them for compensation for they time they have wasted on you. I know its a bore but they are so conscious of their own costs and lose no opportunity to bill customers that they (or any other company) should get away with wasting peoples time like this. This is by no means the first time I have read on here of 'appointments' being mysteriously cancelled.

You should also make a complaint to Comreg again I know its an exercise in frustration but at least its on record that they know the way people are being treated. Just copy and paste your post above to comreg.

No matter who the company is that sort of behaviour is just treating people with contempt and no matter what some people may say its the behaviour of company with a monopoly mentality.

Advertisement