Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

'Suit'able attire for summer wedding abroad

• 16-02-2010 2:57pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 666 ✭✭✭

Hi any one any good tips on what my hubby2b could wear for our wedding abroad in the summer.

Its going to be a pretty casual affair and we're not bothered about guests getting all dressed up or anything - sure they'll be on holidays! Its going to be about 25-28 deg and Himself wants to wear shorts and sandals :rolleyes: but feck that he'll have to wear long pants at least! It is going to be outdoors, but its not on a beach (castle in italy). I was going to go for a casual 'destination' dress but the one I fell in love with in the end isn't really. It is light and chiffon but its full length (it has a vintage grace kelly / audrey hepburn feel to it).

So - light cream or beige trousers with a white linen shirt I think would be nice. I don't think he'll wear a jacket - unless its a very light blazer or something.

If he was wearing all cream / white would that look weird with my ivory dress? Should he wear a tie (even loosely) to maybe add a bit of colour? I had thoughts about him maybe wearing a funky hat (he's bald so probably could do with one!) or would that look stupid. (I was kinda thinking vintage but I'm just watching Mad Men all the time at the moment and I think its taking over my brain!)

He's about 5ft7. Small build (about 33-34in waist). I think that pale baby blue really suits him, but also green. slim style trousers don't really suit him (he used to wear these when we met and they made him look like a little boy), I think a slightly baggy/flared cut suits him better.

Anyway, would love to hear some ideas from the fashionistas here (recently have gotten addicted to reading this forum!)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 565 ✭✭✭Millie

My brother got married in Jamacia (& it was really, really hot).
    However he wore a cream suit (linen I think), white shirt and no tie and it looked great.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

A panama hat would look great with a cream suit and white shirt, or a light green/blue like you suggested. Maybe a white shirt with very faint pinstripes. Brown shoes and belt too. Or a really great pair of sunglasses, Ray Bans or something.
    I wouldn't bother with a jacket, he won't be wearing it apart from the pictures, and even then, more casual pictures at weddings are gorgeous.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 nomdeguerre

How about something like this:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 666 ✭✭✭Karmella

That is a pretty nice suit alright! Any ideas where we might pick up something like that? Or even just the shirt & trousers? I like the panama hat suggestion too - thats kinda what i had in mind alright. Where on earth would sell those? Well - in cork anyway :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

Consider waiting till you get to Italy to buy them. Plenty of choice of good quality linen suits and hats there. Should be cheaper too.

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 666 ✭✭✭Karmella

well thats not a goer really alas as we arrive on a sat and would really only have the mon to get something. Its also more of a resort so not sure about suitable shops. But it would certainly be a good place to get the hat if we were stuck i'd say.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

I agree with oldgoat about buying the suit in Italy. Are you making any trips to Italy beforehand? You're much more likely to get something along the lines of what you want over there. It might even be worth considering booking cheap Ryanair flights and going over specifically to buy a suit.

A cream suit would be really lovely. My OH bought a nice mustard colour linen suit a few years ago for a summer wedding abroad and wore it with a pale blue shirt. It looked fantastic and he wore it again at a wedding last summer.

If you're buying here then you'll have to wait until the summer and maybe even until the summer sales are on to get a good bargain.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 nomdeguerre

Karmella wrote: »
    That is a pretty nice suit alright! Any ideas where we might pick up something like that? Or even just the shirt & trousers? I like the panama hat suggestion too - thats kinda what i had in mind alright. Where on earth would sell those? Well - in cork anyway :)

I'm not rich enough to be a regular suit shopper so can't give very good advice. If it was me I'd try Brown Thomas, but that's not to say it would definitely be the best option. As someone has already suggested though, those colours might not really be available until closer to summer. Best wait til then to purchase anyway, so you can be bang on trend!

Advertisement