Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Steam in other countries.

Options
  • 16-02-2010 3:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭

I originally set up my steam account in Ireland, however I would be interested to know if I moved back to australia, would I still have the same access to my games?

I dont know how regional steam gets.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 920 ✭✭✭Menengroth™

yes you'll still be able to use your account and will retain ownership of all games etc so you can re-download them.

not sure on left4dead2 though if you have that, seeing as the australian version is highly censored.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

You can get around that by changing a file apparently.
    I dont think Valve made it very hard to do as they were opposed to having to provide the censored version in the first place.

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭MrGarak

If you do have L4D2 then backup your uncensored version of L4D2 and install that in Australia, you'll only get the censored version if you download it over there from their AUS servers.

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭ProjectColossus

I'm pretty sure that won't be an issue, plenty of Australians and Germans got their copy of the game gifted from a different country (US or UK for example) so as to avoid the censored version, and indeed, the rip off price. You should not need to specifically back up your games in an effort to keep your un-censored version.

Advertisement