Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Console Players Get Some Competitive Love

Options
  • 16-02-2010 3:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭

The Consoles Sports League has announced two Street Fighter IV Tournaments - the Winter Cups. Both Playstation 3 and XBox 360 players have a tournament. Signups are open now (and stay open until February 21st).

No prizes mentioned yet but you get the chance to play against people that you wouldn't on a normal day and there are bragging rights at stake if nothing else.

I know ping differences play a part in these kind of tournaments but it could be worth a go (just don't develop any bad habits ;))

Linky

🤪

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Sisko

Cheers for letting us know man, I might give this a craic.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭A-Trak

Signed up there, cheers Sabre0001.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

At least the 18:00 kickoff means there's less chance of sleeping in ;)

🤪

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Signed up there myself.

lol, who is Mrmasters?

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭BanjoB

Just signed up there myself, cheers man.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭Icarian

thanks sabre!

just signed up

i'm curious though, theres only 32 places? for all of europe?

what about the prizes?

and whats stopping people from lying about winning or losing? i could be a douche, and say i won a match that i lost, and if neither player can record the match, then nobody has any proof...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

Icarian wrote: »
    i'm curious though, theres only 32 places? for all of europe?

what about the prizes?

and whats stopping people from lying about winning or losing? i could be a douche, and say i won a match that i lost, and if neither player can record the match, then nobody has any proof...

Where does it menton 32 places?
    Also, I'd assume they're just hoping no one will be an asshole and submit wrong scores.

http://www.consoles.net/eu/streetfighter4-ps3/1on1/wintercup2010/

it says 32 players there.... even if its 32 per region, thats still a very low number.

i'm definitelt entering, but i just don't see how this could actually work...

I'd say at this stage, CSL has it (the score issue) covered...Think it mentions screenshots but not quite sure how that works on Console.

They seem to run tournaments based on demand - so there are 32 spaces for each in this case. PS3 tournament has 21 entrants while XBox has 25. If there are more signed up, you'll often see an increase in slots news post.

🤪

This is on this Thrusday right?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

And PS3 brackets: http://www.consoles.net/eu/streetfighter4-ps3/1on1/wintercup2010/rankings/

For FenderMaster who drew Mike Lowman in first round...

🤪

you're not entering yourself?

the prizes are all just headsets! lol

i was expecting maybe an arcade stick or something :(

you're not entering yourself?

the prizes are all just headsets! lol

i was expecting maybe an arcade stick or something :(

Of course not; there's a reason I write about competitive gaming....and my name doesn't feature :D

Prizes are better than nothing. If anything, people should place a higher priority on bragging rights....like things used to be or gaming is when played against friends.

🤪

i'm a bit confused, is there any specific time the matches have to be played? do we have all our matches today? how many rounds, and how many sets?

sorry, i can't seem to find this information at consoles.net

Ha~ I just noticed there I'm playing nogstar in the first round. I kept coming up against him last night in Championship and got my ass handed to me every time! XD
    Lovely chap though =D

EDIT:
    i'm a bit confused, is there any specific time the matches have to be played? do we have all our matches today? how many rounds, and how many sets?

Go to the tournament ladder and click the VS symbol between you and your opponent. It'll bring you to the page with all the match details. 1800 GMT for the first rounds by the looks of it.

Tournament Rules
    General
    Best of 3
    - 1st Round - Player A (left) hosts and Player B (right) chooses the map.
    - 2nd Round - Player B (right) hosts and Player A (left) chooses the map.
    => If there is a draw after two maps Player B (right) hosts and Player A (left) chooses the map.

Settings
    Rounds: 5
    Time Limit: 99
    Private Slots: On
    Handicap: Off

And general CSL rules (for those that want to know the nitty gritty of the league rules overall)

Good luck, have fun!

🤪

Sabre0001 wrote: »
    Tournament Rules
    General
    Best of 3
    - 1st Round - Player A (left) hosts and Player B (right) chooses the map.
    - 2nd Round - Player B (right) hosts and Player A (left) chooses the map.
    => If there is a draw after two maps Player B (right) hosts and Player A (left) chooses the map.

Settings
    Rounds: 5
    Time Limit: 99
    Private Slots: On
    Handicap: Off

And general CSL rules (for those that want to know the nitty gritty of the league rules overall)

Good luck, have fun!

Cheers man~

Poor FenderMaster is representing the entire Irish PS3 community by himself it seems. No pressure or anything =D

EDIT:
    Also,

Reading through the rules there-
    "A screenshot of the on-screen results must be made of every game that is played. The screenshots must be uploaded onto the page with the match details as soon as possible after the game has ended."

Guess everyone'll need to get a camera off someone!

thanks Sabre!

yeah, i'm not really expecting that much competition here, never seen most of these guys on srk or neoempire.... could be seriously underestimating people though...

I'm expecting MajenX to win, he's a norwegian Ken from gamefaqs, and i told him about it... Cornello, Kirballs, and Miss Darkness are also players I recruited myself too

i contacted my first round opponent last night, and he'd forgotten all about this, could have gotten a round 1 bye :(

I cleared round one anyways. Yay for me~

Guy annihilated me with Bison last night, but he went with Vega both games today. =/

• Advertisement

i cleared round 1 too... i won 3:0

the guy caught me off guard alot, ke kept walking up and throwing me! Zangief!

so does this tournament have to finish today? or is it being held over a certain period of time?

Click the vs symbol on your next match on the tournament ladder to find its time. I think they're in a week or so.

EDIT: They're on the 2nd of March. Next Tuesday.

ah, great! i was worried we'd have to get them all done today!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭A-Trak

Battered my opponent 3 nil too.

G'wan the Irish.

(Just so I'm not feeling left out, I also went 3-0 =D )

we so pro

real talk

Good stuff guys! Delighted at the strong start :)

🤪

Just to remind everyone that the second round of these fights starts at 1800 tonight. Except for A-Trak. Jammy bastard got a buy XD

• Advertisement

won my fight again, starting to wonder if anyone good is in this...

Advertisement