Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Console Players Get Some Competitive Love

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Apart from all the Irish players? :p

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭Icarian

no other Irish players in PS3 tournament...

I beat today's opponent 3:0, i told him he could switch characters, i used Zangief 3 times, he used Balrog, Sagat, then Ryu...

The third fight was a bit laggy, so I even offered him a remtch, he used Balrog, and i used Gen, and I won again, so thats 4:0 bitches!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

Had a no show on my end. =/
    I withdraw my statement about A-Trak's jammy bastardness.

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭BanjoB

**** I completely forgot bout this. I wonder if the guy I was supposed to play get the bye.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Good work guys...except BanjoB, you suck :pac:

🤪

• Advertisement

Ah I would've beat that German guy anyway. :)

BanjoB wrote: »
    Ah I would've beat that German guy anyway. :)

At least now you've set up a memorable comeback from the lower bracket

🤪

my opponent didn't enter the match results, is everything going to be cool?

If you did, it should be ok. Best if can provide snaps of the scores...but I'm sure they'll manage.

🤪

mrmasters and Sairus set to face off! FenderMaster, as the only PS3 player, progresses to Round 3 aswell. For those who lost a match, you are still in it thanks to the double elimination format.

Although this trip to Cannes may make things difficult for some...Guess ye are grounded ;)

🤪

• Advertisement

Yar, I've heard this MrMrMasters is a fairly lethal Ken player. Should be fun =D

my opponents for the next fight on sunday are both on my friends list, but i doubt they are going to show up, so i guess i get a bye on sunday, then face either Surge, or okita slavi in the quarter finals.

i recognise okitas PSN, Kankaku project, i was fighting another gief player from bulgaria, who was pretty much equal in skill to me, and he told me to challenge bulgarias best gief, kankaku project, so i guess this guy might be my first real competition... looking forward to fighting him, i love fighting great gief players

surge i don't know about, but he must be decent to get to the third round

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

I used to play that gief when i used to play on psn, he was good back then anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭A-Trak

Sairus wrote: »
    Yar, I've heard this MrMrMasters is a fairly lethal Ken player. Should be fun =D

Where'd ya hear that?

A-Trak wrote: »
    Where'd ya hear that?

You mentioned it in a previous thread =D

Hah!

Yeah "Mr Masters" is my brother, I was hoping he'd been posting it himself somewhere, therefore giving me a great piss taking oppurtunity, ah well.

He is handy eneough with Ken though, watch out for cross up air tatsus, he's a fooker for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Sagat06

^Yeah I played him before... really good.

Alas I must take my leave of the tourney now =(
    Held on better than I thought I would, but Masters still put me down in both games. I might have stretched it to 3 games if I hadn't whiffed the input on a Soul Throw at the end the final round of game two, but alas, those constant air tatsus got the better of me XD

EDIT: Just remembered I get seeded into the Losers ladder. I will have my revenge.

My opponent never bothered to show, could meet my brother in winners semi final, intresting!

I gave another guy a damn bye!!! I politely asked him could we rematch 2moro as I forgot...I wonder what he'll say??? :)

• Advertisement

You're hopeless, Banjo XD

My losers bracket match isn't for over a week. Gah. That's a bit of a wait. I'm toally going to forget about it XD

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Edit: Never mind. Wrong thread. Kirby needs his sleep :P

After getting a bye in round 3, i am now in the quarter finals W00T!!

http://www.consoles.net/eu/streetfighter4-ps3/1on1/wintercup2010/rankings/

I'm facing an American called Surge who beat "Bulgarias best Zangief" Kankaku Project, so my Zangief probably doesn't stand a chance... might break out My Gen, Sim, Cammy Guile or Ken...

gonna see if he has a srk account and find out who he mains...

Just won my round 4 match, it was the laggiest thing i ever played, but my opponent used Sakura, so it wasn't too bad i guess... I won 3:0 again

just have to beat a polish dude, and whoever comes first in the losers bracket, and the tourney is mine

I think I'm probably going to win this thing

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Xinkai

Good jay! The irish are looking like they have a chance in this tourney!!!

COME ON LADS!!!

Beat my opponent in the semi finals 3:0 again, onto the finals now. i was lucky, he used Fei Long, he was a pretty good player, and seemed like a cool guy, but Zangief just owns that matchup.

good luck to a-trak and mrmasters in the 360 bracket, looks like you guys are facing each other...

one more fight and i win this thing, is there any confirmation on prizes and whatnot?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

Icarian wrote: »
    Beat my opponent in the semi finals 3:0 again, onto the finals now. i was lucky, he used Fei Long, he was a pretty good player, and seemed like a cool guy, but Zangief just owns that matchup

Lol I pity the day you get absolutely raped by a Fei Long, feels so wrong :pac:

My last opponent was a Sakura player too! been pretty lucky in terms of matchups so far! Don't want to tempt fate though, could end up fighting a Sagat, Akuma, Blanka, or worse: Seth in the finals....

My losers bracket match isn't for over a week. Gah. That's a bit of a wait. I'm toally going to forget about it XD
    True to my word I completely forgot about this tourney. Woopsy!
    Good luck you people~

• Advertisement

I fought Kankaku Project in the finals and lost :(

second place for me then. He was an excellent Zangief player, the connection was one bar, but it was smooth like butter, both of us were able to pull of some impressive stuff, I even landed gief's hard trial 2 and 5 in the fights. Overall, he was the better Zangief player, but the fights were really good, so I don't mind.

Final results (tournament tree)

http://www.consoles.net/eu/streetfighter4-ps3/1on1/wintercup2010/rankings/

Advertisement