Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Program to guess wireless password?

Options
  • 16-02-2010 4:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭

I'm wondering does anyone know a program that can try to get into a wireless network by guessing the password? I’m locked out of my wireless network and my flatmate is on holiday, I do not know the password. I’m sure it’s probably some simple string of numbers – so I’m wondering if there is a program that will try to guess it?

I had a quick search and there seems to be programs that can do various things like this I just have no idea which one to try
    Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭cpu.dude

lg01 wrote: »
    I'm wondering does anyone know a program that can try to get into a wireless network by guessing the password? I’m locked out of my wireless network and my flatmate is on holiday, I do not know the password. I’m sure it’s probably some simple string of numbers – so I’m wondering if there is a program that will try to guess it?

I had a quick search and there seems to be programs that can do various things like this I just have no idea which one to try
    Thanks
    Connect up to the router with your LAN cable and retrieve it that way. What router is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭lg01

I can't get access to the router its in a locked room

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭steps_3314

lg01 wrote: »
    I can't get access to the router its in a locked room

Sounds like your trying to crack someone elses WI-FI illegally :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭KerranJast

Unless its WEP encrypted you won't be able to get access anytime soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 921 ✭✭✭mehmeh12

steps_3314 wrote: »
    Sounds like your trying to crack someone elses WI-FI illegally :)

There seems to be a lot of posts like this in this forum recently.
    KerranJast wrote: »
    Unless its WEP encrypted you won't be able to get access anytime soon.

Im hoping they put up wpa2 with aes-good luck with getting the key :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

Ring your flatmate.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement