Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pixmania - Late Delivery

Options
  • 16-02-2010 5:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,896 ✭✭✭

I placed an order with Pixmania last Thursday and paid a little extra for an express delivery (24-48 hours). The product hasn't arrived yet and I'd like to claim back the additional price I paid for this faster delivery. I've written an email to customer care. i am within my rights am I not?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭MunsterCycling

Yes you are fully within your right but really you have no hope as you have just experienced the CS of DSG, company behind the like of Currys, PC World and also PixMania... Sorry for your loss.

MC

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭colferma

you have just experienced the CS of DSG

:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

I'm guessing but

CS = Customer service

DSG = the group that owns Curry's, PC World

• Registered Users Posts: 2,896 ✭✭✭pprendeville

Yes you are fully within your right but really you have no hope as you have just experienced the CS of DSG, company behind the like of Currys, PC World and also PixMania... Sorry for your loss.

MC

What's CS of DSG mean?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,896 ✭✭✭pprendeville

dudara - u read my mind. i was just checking my bank account online so hopefully you didnt read my pin numbers as well. haha

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

dudara wrote: »
    I'm guessing but

CS = Customer service

DSG = the group that owns Curry's, PC World

Yep thats correct alright, I used to deal with DSG stuff years ago

• Registered Users Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭MunsterCycling

I had to deal with one of their POS machines yesterday, thinking of banning them from the workshop and telling customers why, poorly built with shoddy components and no warranty worth thinking about.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Conorkc

I placed an order with Pixmania last Thursday and paid a little extra for an express delivery (24-48 hours). The product hasn't arrived yet and I'd like to claim back the additional price I paid for this faster delivery. I've written an email to customer care. i am within my rights am I not?

I orderd two items from pixmania too, paid extra for fedex delivery.The tracking says it should be here tomorrow, I'm guessing from the previous post not to hold my breath. where did your tracking say your items were?

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Conorkc

Hi just to put an update to this I have recieved this delivery on time, Hope you recieve yours soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭Saint_Mel

The 1 and only time I used Pixmania I got stung like this. Paid for the express delivery ... about a week later the item arrived and their explination was that the express delivery just guarentees the item leaves their warehouse in 24-48 hours. And the 24-48 hours does not cover weekends either

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

Which in itself is total waffle.

From their own website:
    Express Delivery

With Express Delivery, place your order before 10 a.m. and receive the delivery within 24-48 hours. Orders placed before 10 a.m. will be dispatched the following day. Shipment is done via UPS Express, the global market leader of the international air express industry. Delivery charge is calculated according to the weight of your products.

The part about the weekend is correct.

http://www.pixmania.ie/ie/uk/commitments.html#eng5

Advertisement