Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Keg Life upon opening/tapping

Options
  • 16-02-2010 5:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭

Just tapped a new keg of guinness last night - proper set up from diageo - gas & old style cooling system in place....was wondering how long a keg will stay "fresh" for bearing in mind the kegs are not refrigerated and are sitting at ambient temperature....do largers/ales date quicker??
    Cheers!
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭iambrazil

I can't remember what the official line is on this but from my experience the keg will be perfect for maybe 2 weeks and still very drinkable beyond. I had a similar setup recently with a keg that had been opened already for 3 weeks - keg was on for another 2 weeks after that before it was emptied. The room I had the keg in got quite cold at times so most of the time the cooler wasn't even turned on. Might be worth turning the cooler off for a bit and seeing how the drink tastes a bit warmer...the drink out of some of them can be way too cold.

Advertisement