Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Have code but can't unlock 5800

• 16-02-2010 6:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 820 ✭✭✭

Hi,

As title reads, I obtained an unlock code from VF for a Nokia 5800 and it doesn't seem to unlock the phone.

The code itself is a 15 digit (no letters) number and when I input the number it just comes up saying emergency calls only. I asked Nokia and they said that I just input the number and press send or the green button. Still no joy.

Any help greatly appreciated!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭cpu.dude

FLOOPER wrote: »
    Hi,

As title reads, I obtained an unlock code from VF for a Nokia 5800 and it doesn't seem to unlock the phone.

The code itself is a 15 digit (no letters) number and when I input the number it just comes up saying emergency calls only. I asked Nokia and they said that I just input the number and press send or the green button. Still no joy.

Any help greatly appreciated!
    You need to put the phone into offline mode and start it up (or else, put it a Vodafone SIM temporarily).

Then, with the phone on... dial #PW+xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx+1# (where xxx... is the 15 digit code).

It will either say:

SIM Restriction Off (which mean it worked)
    Not Allowed (which means you need a Vodafone SIM)
    Not Allowed (with the VF SIM, which means you need to send it to VF to be unlocked)
    Error (wrong code)

• Registered Users Posts: 820 ✭✭✭FLOOPER

cpu.dude wrote: »
    You need to put the phone into offline mode and start it up (or else, put it a Vodafone SIM temporarily).

Then, with the phone on... dial #PW+xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx+1# (where xxx... is the 15 digit code).

It will either say:

SIM Restriction Off (which mean it worked)
    Not Allowed (which means you need a Vodafone SIM)
    Not Allowed (with the VF SIM, which means you need to send it to VF to be unlocked)
    Error (wrong code)

Thanks for that. Did as you instructed and got a code error. But the code I typed in (without error) was the number VF sent me.

I wou prefer not to go to VF but I have no choice now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,921 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Advertisement