Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

starting back:sea fishing

Options
  • 16-02-2010 6:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,216 ✭✭✭

I used to fish a fair bit a few yrs ago, myself and a mate want to go fishing this weekend,few questions:

Bait: we plan on using lug and ragworm that we will collect from the beach, this ok, or is there anything better?

Rod: I have a basic beach caster and reel

Set Up: I plan on getting some weights, basic traces, probably have a 3 hook rig with lug/rag worm.

Location: Dont have a boat but was going to check out Greystones.

Everything sound ok, or am I missing something?

Thanks.:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭growler

don't know what the species / ground is like around greystones as I fish mostly in the west and south, but for any bottom feeders like flatfish / bass / codling etc. lug or rag are great baits

if you're fishing a 3 hook rig, then try mixing it up a little using something different like a prawn / razor clam/ squid / bit of mackeral on another hook to give yourself more chance of attracting whatever might be down there.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,216 ✭✭✭cojomo2

Great, thanks for that bit of advice.:)

Advertisement