Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Energy Changes

Options
  • 16-02-2010 7:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭

How is everyone doing with the new energy changes? I am seeing differences already and am realizing that roster depth is going to play a large part in a successful team. Does anybody have any strategies thay are incorporating? One thing I am testing out is not playing the 5 guys that I train in any friendly or cup matches at this current time. I have seen some teams out there with players that are already weary after playing in only 3 games and 2 training sessions.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭mar-z

I'm having trouble with one of my heavily trained players who is weary right now. Most of the problem is due to my forgetting about the energy changes and deciding to ltnt the first match (which was stupid anyway judging by the margin of victory). That combined with one of his weaker stats being stamina means his energy took a hammering and hasn't come back up yet.

Most the rest of my team (who get slightly less training and have slightly more stamina) should have no problem being at energised for the weekend.

I think it will be a case of resting key players for both boards and national cup at the moment (at least until stamina training kicks in properly). It also looks likeI'll need more strength in depth now.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭FewFew

I'm lucky to be in the 4th div in this regard... WNWIM all the time so I'm pretty happy.
    Strategy-wise I've started working with two sets of key players and revolving them. It's working at the moment because I can field weaker players and still be competitive in my league, but I'd be under major pressure in Div 3.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭suppafly

so far i'm ok with this as pretty much all of my players have high stamina so its not been a problem yet thankfully

• Registered Users Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭eoferrall

few of my players are starting to hang around the energised mark (the new "perfect"!!) but they are the ones trained with 10 sessions and only playing 2 of the 3 matches each week. I have a fairly level squad to rotate so going fine so far... (hope havent jinxed it!!)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,203 ✭✭✭crisco10

3 games a week (even with a lot of WNWIM) is starting to wear down my less fit players. Boards cup on Monday is going to see an...ahem...experimental team being fielded!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement