Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband in Dublin 2, please help!

• 16-02-2010 7:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭

Hi!

I recently moved to an apartment in D2, close to the "Howl At The Moon" pub in Lower Mount St. I want to get broadband, but it's being a nightmare.

1) NTL : I have NTL installation at home, but they told me that they could only supply TV... because they don't have broadband infrastructure in the area.

2) Vodafone : The former tenant of my apartment was using Vodafone broadband and phone. Then I talked with them ... and they told me one week ago they need 72 hours but ensure that my address can be provided with broadband and phone (cannot they look in their databases?). Today they replied me, "we are not sure, the system says no but I want to check again" ... yeah!! so the former tenant was a kind of Vodafone hacker... or these people is just useless. Anyway... seeing what this company does with the "future clients"... I cannot imagine what will happen when I was already a client... :S

3) Other companies... they expect I already have a phone landline, at least most of them... I'm so tired of this **** that I don't even remember the name of tha companies.

I want to cry, why is this so f*** frustrating xD

I have no phone line, so with wich company may I hire broadband and phone if it's needed in that area?

Thanks a lot!!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭FINGAL FAN

If you have no phone line and dont intend to get one your only options are one of these Wireless broadband Companys or Mobile Broadband .

As Fingal Fan said, if you have no phone line you only real options are wireless broadband or mobile.

What speeds would you be looking for?
    What are the uses?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

I'm in Dublin 2 (pearse street) and I have ntl! Try em
    again!

• Company Representative Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭Magnet: Rory

We could check if theres a line we could wake up for you at the address. Its very easy and we will give you a yes or a no.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭HumanAfterAll

Hi there,

I tried several times with NTL and I even spoke with the NTL people by email, but the answer is always the same, they can only supply TV :|

I don't mind to get a phone line if the price is ok.

I think 5-10Mb/s will be enough, but I'd like something with no or high download limit and good for gamming (I think I'll get a xbox soon lol)

Rory I've sent a private message to you.

Thanks.

• Advertisement

found the address on the database PM'ing HumanAfterAll at the moment

For all else out there this sounds like a case where the previous tennant did not stop the service and confusion is ensuing as to wheter or not to shut the line or continue to send bills to the house.

This is what I suspect is happening.

Advertisement