Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Digital Distribution

• 16-02-2010 7:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 201 ✭✭

Hi all.

Whats the best way/your recommendations for making songs available for Digital Distribution.

I've distributed with Universal Music before, but a middle man takes a fee for setting this up. Also middle man takes a percentage.

I gather iTunes are getting a bit sniffy/selective these days.???

I have used www.downloadmusic.ie before and are simple enough.

oh also crucially: when purchasers of digital downloads buy a download, does that go to the Chart Track record sales of the country of release, or the country of the purchaser?? (ie via the download provider)....thanks

any recommendations? many thanks

PS: Its a reggae version of The Fields of Athenry by a Scottish based band, released as a promo to radio and DJ's primarily to raise the profile of the band and to get gigs in Ireland...we are anticipating radio play over run up to St Patricks...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0tuwINvoGBc

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 mesa 26

theres a special on that in this months computer music just got it the other day in easons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 201 ✭✭CityMan2010

Thanks Mesa...happy reading!

Rob
    mesa 26 wrote: »
    theres a special on that in this months computer music just got it the other day in easons.

Advertisement