Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Keep Spiders At Bay?

Options
  • 16-02-2010 8:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭

Hi Folks,

Have an problem with spiders at the moment with regards to an outdoor camera lense. They keep making it home and building a web just in front of the lense. The result is a blurred photo and alot of frustration. Now, the lense is only accessible over a bracket but has a lense hood which seems to offer an excellent home to spiders.

So my question is, is there any substance that spiders don't like being around or climbing over? I was thinking about putting a thin layer of grease on the metal body to stop them, but would rather not if its ineffective.

Any tips?

ironclaw.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭Hells Belle

Hi Ironclaw,

An Aunt of mine used to have the same problem with spiders camping out in her satelite dish box on the roof - she put a layer of vaseline all around the casing on it and that was enough deterrant to keep them away. Apparently WD40 or 3 in 1 oil works too.

Advertisement