Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Road between navan and slane

Options
  • 16-02-2010 8:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭

Hating the diversion in place :mad:. Does anyone remember when the usual crappy road reopens? What the hell are they doing with the road anyway? Paving it with gold?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭Bog Butter

I was wondering that too. I think they are taking out bends on the road which is why it is closed. Thats always a good thing so it will be worth the hassle i'm sure.

I wonder will they ever build a new road between Slane and Drogheda? The bends on that strech are just brutal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭Fiskar

The work is supposed to take 26 weeks,

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭Geezer1000

malman wrote: »
    I wonder will they ever build a new road between Slane and Drogheda? The bends on that strech are just brutal.

I love that road on my bike :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭axel rose

Fiskar wrote: »
    The work is supposed to take 26 weeks,

:eek: :eek: :eek:

• Advertisement

Geezer1000 wrote: »

Rather you than me! My god, I wouldn't like a big articulated lorry comming at me while on me bike around towney hall:eek:

Geezer1000 wrote: »

Tend to take the Collon exit off the M1 on my bike to get to Slane, less bends more speed!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,354 ✭✭✭gebbel

Road should re-open this coming Saturday, the 27th.

Link.

Hopefully it will reopen at the end of the month!

the LCD signage indicated a 26 week disruption, maybe they are closing off sections?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,259 ✭✭✭Archeron

malman wrote: »

And a nicely placed upside down man in a barrel, legs in the air, on one of those corners to draw your atention away from the road.

• Advertisement

Can anyone confirm if the road is opened again?

Anyone? I'm not going anywhere near Navan until I get confirmation!!

Will let you know tonight :)

:mad::(:mad::(:mad::(

axel rose wrote: »
    :mad::(:mad::(:mad::(

OK thanks for letting me know. Returning to Drogheda from Longford tonight. Normally go Mullingar - Athboy - Navan - Drogheda but that detour is a pain so will go M4 - M50 - M1 instead. 40 extra miles but at least they are motorway!

Keep me posted as to when they re-open it. Many thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Big Daddy Cool

gebbel wrote: »
    OK thanks for letting me know. Returning to Drogheda from Longford tonight. Normally go Mullingar - Athboy - Navan - Drogheda but that detour is a pain so will go M4 - M50 - M1 instead. 40 extra miles but at least they are motorway!

Keep me posted as to when they re-open it. Many thanks.

you're mad, you could've went navan through kentstown through duleek or navan out the boyne road passed seneschalstown football pitch then through donore. no pain in that and would save you 40 extra miles

you're mad, you could've went navan through kentstown through duleek or navan out the boyne road passed seneschalstown football pitch then through donore. no pain in that and would save you 40 extra miles

OK I see what you mean. Thanks for that. Will know for the next trip (although here's hoping the road is re-opened by this weekend!).

OK good folk of Meath! Can anyone tell me if that dreaded diversion is still in place?

TIA.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 4,948 ✭✭✭pullandbang

It was still there last Sunday :mad:

will let you know later with emoticons

• Advertisement

:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

(If only there was an emoticon for 'I die a little every time I have to use this detour')

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Big Daddy Cool

road still closed i'm afraid

• Registered Users Posts: 27 nippedin

Update Yes it's still closed

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭YipYipU

I've just been informed by a resident of the closed section of the road that it's due to re-open next Tuesday (March 16th).

Hope that puts a few minds at ease.

YipYipU wrote: »
    I've just been informed by a resident of the closed section of the road that it's due to re-open next Tuesday (March 16th).

Hope that puts a few minds at ease.

Certainly does...thanks for the update.

Guys and gals,

FYI, you can travel to Navan, take the turn for the Kenstown (R153) at the bridge where the mill apartments are, go past Spicers bakery (LHS) keep left at the Y junction and travel down the Old Boyne road for 3 km until you come to the Londis Petrol station LHS. Just before it , turn left and cross the Boyne before coming to a junction. At this junction turn right and go to Slane, then to wherever ..................................!

drove to Navan this way TODAY from Slane.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 nippedin

The Road is open again!! Traffic lights are in operation but it wasn't to much of a delay.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 mabet

So can I take it for granted that the Navan Slane road is open once again as I have been travelling to Navan via Ardee Castletown etc but would suit me much better to travel via Slane and going there tomorrow the 18th.:)

Yea.....the road is open.......Am I alone in not being all that impressed given the length of closure......:confused::confused::confused:

• Advertisement

axel rose wrote: »
    Yea.....the road is open.......Am I alone in not being all that impressed given the length of closure......:confused::confused::confused:

Yes you are alone....................very much alone ! :D

it is not a major road and many of us know the back roads around the works.

Advertisement