Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC CAN I GET WIRLESS WITH

• 16-02-2010 8:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭

I have upc and my router is a wirlss scientific atlanta epc2203 can i get wirless with this..Or do i need to get another router from them..I have no idea how to set it up so all help be great ...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,321 ✭✭✭IrishTonyO

scientific atlanta epc2203 is a modem not a router, you can attach a wireless router to it, UPC provide a free one on their 15 and 30 mb packages

• Registered Users Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭mick087

My fault i ment modem..I have had this modem about 2 years now.Can you buy a router to attach to get wirless or are these free from upc does anyone no.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,321 ✭✭✭IrishTonyO

The free wireless routers from UPC are only when you sign up to their 15MB or 30 MB packages. The one they supply free is a Netgear WGR614 which you can buy anywhere or online, try places like dabs.ie or elara.ie, or better still do a search online for some bargains or you can go for a different router if you want.

i have a eircom wirless netopia router could this be used with my upc box to achive what i seek,,Or am i talking rubbish...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

It can be used, but don't. A DSL modem/router is not the right equipment for what you want. It won't be acting as a router.

Just buy a Wireless N or G router. Avoid Belkin. You should get one for around €50. Try elara.ie or komplett.ie

• Advertisement

I have now got myself a second hand Netgear WR 614 v9 Wireless router ..is this a easy process to attach to my Scientific Atlanta epc 2203 Anyone explain in simple terms to me a s this be my first time to try this process..Want to get my laptop working wireless and leave the main pc attached with the earthnet

Advertisement