Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

business help ..pleease!!

Options
  • 16-02-2010 8:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭

Wel! only took up business this year ( need it for points) and finding it really hard to learn! our teacher is useless and the class is an absolute joke (like being back in juniors if im honest:rolleyes:) anyway i know i cant blame just that but im seriously behind and just cant get the stuff into my head!!

was hoping i could get an A in it when i picked it up do u think thats possible at this stage? i know units 2,3 and 5 pretty well..

how does everyone else learn it? i find i learn it, think i know it and then look at it the next day and its as if iv never seen it before!! takes agges to get the stuff into my head!

any help/ advice appreciated!
    sorry about the essay!:o

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭AxlRose1992

Well, first you should learn Unit 4, because 2,3 and 4 are what the ABQ is on. Then, make notes on each chapter (if you have The Business World as your text book, all important terms are highlighted).

Think of things like a map. For example, marketing. Think 4 P's (Product, Price, Place, Promotion), then think what come under those headings (E.g: Product has Branding, Packaging, Lifecycle).
    Do a map type thing out on an A4 page and try and elaborate on them.

Short questions are just all little bits from the course (that's where The Business World comes in great).

As for the ABQ, use State, Explain, Example. For example, if it asks "What characteristics of an entrapreneur does Tom show", State what a characteristic of an entrepreneur is, Explain how Tom is Proactive (for example) and give an Example of how he is Proactive (quote from text).

Hopefully this will help, I know what it's like to have a shocking teacher.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 635 ✭✭✭grrrrrrrrrr

Hopefully this will help, I know what it's like to have a shocking teacher.

Me too, its electrifying!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,687 ✭✭✭Danger781

Me too, its electrifying!!:D

Oh God..

Danger781 wrote: »
    Oh God..

sorry couldnt resist

• Registered Users Posts: 2,229 ✭✭✭pathway33

I know what it's like to have a shocking teacher.

Me too. All year he would do nothing and then he would try to rAMP it up but fail miserably. I would have been better off studying at OHM :D

• Advertisement

pathway33 wrote: »
    Me too. All year he would do nothing and then he would try to rAMP it up but fail miserably. I would have been better off studying at OHM :D

Nearly as good as mine... ha.. you'll prob have to explain yours to people.. haha but well done

Advertisement