Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hairy Babies: New Website Set Up: All Comments Welcome

Options
  • 16-02-2010 8:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭

Hey People,

I just set this new website up, for my partners new business.

Any comments appreciated!

http://www.hairybabies.ie

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,123 ✭✭✭stepbar

Not a good start.....

Nice website but it doesn't fit my screen!

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭ShadowFax

Hi,

:eek:

What size screen have you got?

Thanks for the feedback!;)
    Cheers
    S

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,123 ✭✭✭stepbar

ShadowFax wrote: »
    Hi,

:eek:

What size screen have you got?

Thanks for the feedback!;)
    Cheers
    S

19 inch I think...

I'd say a few changes to your code would fix it.

Thanks for the feedback. Much Appreciated.

Anyone else any issues by any chance?

Cheers,
    S

• Registered Users Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭blue4ever

get a few more pages indexed
    get 'local' terms into your site - "dog grooming tullamore co offaly" stuff like that.
    utilise your page titles better - get more in there
    have a look at the search end of google maps - good catch in your case.
    via GP there are only 4 similar businesses advertising these services in the whole of offaly.
    have you considered a mobile service? it seems like such a transportable business it would be a shame not to - you could have a day or day and a half on the road - and only it then.

web is fine (0nce you define a proper width something below 1100 as it currently is ).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭MOH

Really like the site, just a couple of minor suggestions:

- your title tag is just 'Hairy Babies' on about half the pages, while on the other half you've added some keywords
    - on the self service bath, 'Spend quality time' and 'with your pet' are listd as seperate items;
    - the placeholders on the testimonials page look a bit odd while they just have 'customer 1' etc.;
    - logo isn't a link to the home page

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

The pages are too wide. The safe width is 960/970 pixels.

The header has way too much height and pushes the main text body down too far. Move it right up to the top also.

Try to change the homepage main text into a more list like format which is better for readability as it is easier to scan.

Talk less about 'we' and more about what we can do to address your issues/problems in the format: issue/problem, our solution, call to action.

Try to get some special offers, deals or free stuff, if you can, mentioned prominently on the homepage.

Don't put prices at the bottom. It's key info for making purchase decisions so give it prominence and make it obvious.

Put your contact details and RBN at the bottom of every page.

Read up on making your headings and titles more SEO friendly (semantic markup/seo) and use alt tags for your images.

Layout is done using tables, try to get a css solution, it's much more efficient and much easier to make changes.

Get testimonial content (friends if you have to).

I wouldn't put the 2 dogs on the owners page.

Store suggests online store, I'd change this to products.

Look and feel is nice

Good luck and hth

Thanks alot for all the info guys! It's great to get an outside view.

I will implement alot of the points given!

Thanks
    S

Advertisement