Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cheap Headsets

• 16-02-2010 8:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭

I'm just wondering if there are any good cheap headsets available for the Xbox. I was lookin on ebay and there are some very cheap ones, such as these, here. These any good?

If anyone could recommend a good cheap headset that would be awesome. I'm not lookin for turtle beach quality, I just need somethin so I can talk to friends over live.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

You generally get what you pay for. The particular ones you linked to are exceptionally bad given they cover both your ears yet you'll only hear voice through them (in-game sound will still come from the TV).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,353 ✭✭✭naughto

i ihave the ones thats in the link there grand but the sound comes from the tv for 6 euro ya cant go wrong if u just want to talk to your mates on live

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭dunworth1

heres an even cheaper one.
    and it only has one ear piece.

LINK

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭OhThePenguin

AdMMM wrote: »
    You generally get what you pay for. The particular ones you linked to are exceptionally bad given they cover both your ears yet you'll only hear voice through them (in-game sound will still come from the TV).

I was a bit sceptical about these ones all right, I might just go with the one ear piece ones, I'd like to be able to hear the tv

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,814 ✭✭✭Nemanja91

Argos have one for 12.99 here

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 869 ✭✭✭honeybadger

I'm just wondering if there are any good cheap headsets available for the Xbox. I was lookin on ebay and there are some very cheap ones, such as these, here. These any good?

If anyone could recommend a good cheap headset that would be awesome. I'm not lookin for turtle beach quality, I just need somethin so I can talk to friends over live.

Thanks

i got that type headset a while ago and the microphone didnt last 3 weeks on it and i wudnt mind i was waiting 3 weeks for it to arrive,hape of ****e,,,im going to go and get an original xbox 360 headset again when i top up the 3v,,they mite be flimsy but at least they can take the abuse and last a hell of a lot longer than any of there copied counterparts :)

• Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭Alan_007_

I got an orb one in xtravision today for 12.99

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭docdolittle

Alan_007_ wrote: »
    I got an orb one in xtravision today for 12.99
    Looks crap tbh... http://www.xtravision.ie/xbox-360/272994/xbox-360-wired-headset-orb.aspx I'd rather get an official one, the cheap ones tend to be even more uncomfortable!

I'm still tempted to get the MW2 throat mic/ in-ear headphone thing ;)http://www.zavvi.com/games/games-accessories/officially-licensed-modern-warfare-2-xbox-360-throat-mic-communicator-headset-call-of-duty/10066374.html and for only 12.95 (pounds) I'd know which one I'd be choosing :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭spooky donkey

I got one in xtravision for 6.99 for my kids and it works fine for them.

Advertisement