Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Study vs. Ski Trip

Options
  • 16-02-2010 9:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 40

For the 2 weeks we get off for Easter, should we be doing loads of study!? For the second week I'm going to be doing Easter revision courses and I just found out I can go on a ski trip for the first week if I want! I don't know is it a good idea or not. Should I be spending that time studying??

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

If you have good time management skills, then it is possible to take a week off like that. I wouldn't worry about it too much. Remember, Easter Revision courses are useful, but they are not enough on their own - you need to study everything you learn at those courses!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 109 ✭✭yourmother

Remember the orals start the 12th of April ie. as soon as we return from Easter holidays. Easter probably will be a really useful time to get as much as possible in this department done unless you're fluent in your languages!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 zej

Far from it! Haha.. It's just so hard to say no to skiing! Do i really need to spend the whole week doing orals!? Could i maybe, study at night... after skiing =P hehe..

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭Cian92

Go skiing, study now to make up for it. If you are sking in a place that speaks one of the languages you are studying even better!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Well, what are the chances that if you stay at home you'll have great intentions, and get feck all done anyway?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭Diabhal_Glas

It depends on how smart you are :)

Well i chose not to go in the end =( I only have one shot at the LC hopefully I'll get to go skiiing another time!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 481 ✭✭coldwood92

ski trip defo if i was u

BUT u also need to study

zej wrote: »
    Well i chose not to go in the end =( I only have one shot at the LC hopefully I'll get to go skiiing another time!
    good for you

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,229 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Why do you only have one shot at the Leaving?

I refuse to repeat! This is the worst year ever

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 aisers

well im goin skiing and cant wait!!!!! - been working my ass off and need the break!!! - im goin to bring a couple of books and study at night a bit and maybe a couple of mornings:)

we are going to france so i convinced my parents it would actually be good for me - practice for my oral and all that!!!

I always have the second week to catch up!!!!!!

aisers wrote: »
    well im goin skiing and cant wait!!!!! - been working my ass off and need the break!!! - im goin to bring a couple of books and study at night a bit and maybe a couple of mornings:)

we are going to france so i convinced my parents it would actually be good for me - practice for my oral and all that!!!

I always have the second week to catch up!!!!!!
    good for you

• Registered Users Posts: 3,097 ✭✭✭Herb Powell

don't worry about it. you'll only burn yourself out if you keep studying. and if you don't go skiing you'll keep thinking about it. so just go and enjoy it

Advertisement