Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Germany and Carnival

• 16-02-2010 9:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭

Today is the last day of the Carnival in Germany.

I am all for this Carnival - in its Black Forest version: the Fasnacht.

Germany is divided between Carnival-haters and Carnival-lovers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Tall Saint

Just got back from Germany yesterday, my first time experiencing carnival. man, they go all out for it. I thought it was good fun, I didn't care much for the music in the tents afterwards but the whole effort and spirit of it was really enjoyable.

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Berwick

And whereabouts in Germany have you been? :)

For there are 3 kinds of Carnival:

Karneval

Fasching

and Fasnacht or Fasnet.

:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭galah

you forgot the 4th: The Northern German 'ignore this sh*te' ;-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 184 ✭✭drive3331

galah wrote: »
    you forgot the 4th: The Northern German 'ignore this sh*te' ;-)

Sachsen has also got a similar Carnival :)

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Berwick

galah wrote: »
    The Northern German 'ignore ....

Some North Germans are ignorants - that is true. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24 Tall Saint

it was Fasnet, I was in a town near the border between Baden Wurttemburg and Bavaria, where my girlfriend is from. It was a small enough affair, but I was just impressed by the turnout and effort people made for it. When you consider the tripe you see (outside of the cities) on Paddy's day here, it was impressive how the towns did their parades.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,598 ✭✭✭✭prinz

Am planning a week or so for next year's Karneval in the Koln/Bonn area. Can't wait :D Have a fancy dress brochure from this year already, have to start planning a costume.

Advertisement