Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cheap accomodation in the city(near the college if possible!)

• 16-02-2010 9:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭

Hullo there, hope yous can help

My girlfriend has to to go down on Monday nights to Waterford so she can sit 2 classes in the college the following morning. Travel lodge and the likes all seem to be about €40

Are there any b&b's etc around that would be cheaper?

Thanks goyz

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

there are a few right beside the college but i'd imagine you'd pay about the same with breakfast. I dont know any names off hand but i'm sure someone else here will help ya.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

B&Bs wont be that much cheaper. Have a look on here for some of the B&Bs in Waterford;-
    http://www.townandcountry.ie.

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭mecco

It might be worth asking the B&Bs for a deal seeming as you can guarantee them some custom every Monday night for X many weeks?

• Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭jayboi

It could be worth your while contacting the tourist office as far as I know they have a system that allows them to book accommodation on your behalf so at the very least they might have an idea of prices.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

jayboi wrote: »
    It could be worth your while contacting the tourist office as far as I know they have a system that allows them to book accommodation on your behalf so at the very least they might have an idea of prices.

Better to go direct - might be an additional charge for the B&B via a tourist office.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭drogsnookerclub

on hostelworld the portree hostel is €18(dorm) seems the cheapest ill see if she's up for that

thanks lados

she wont stay in a dorm :rolleyes: looks like 40 is next best everywhere

she wont stay in a dorm :rolleyes: looks like 40 is next best everywhere

Wouldn't blame her!

ha i wouldnt stay anywhere else :D

Advertisement