Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Code for Nokia acessing memory card?

• 16-02-2010 9:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,961 ✭✭✭

I inserted a memory card that i used for a year without any problems from a Sony Erricson phone into my new nokia 6300.

Every time i try accessing the memory card it asks me for a code and i never set one up and i cannot solve it?

The manual mentions a default code of 12345 but this doesn't work? Any sugestions appreciated. :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,245 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Fair play, did you use a hammer or just brute force?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 867 ✭✭✭gpjordanf1

IrishHomer wrote: »
    I inserted a memory card that i used for a year without any problems from a Sony Erricson phone into my new nokia 6300.

Every time i try accessing the memory card it asks me for a code and i never set one up and i cannot solve it?

The manual mentions a default code of 12345 but this doesn't work? Any sugestions appreciated. :confused:

I just done the opposite from a nokia to a SE, the code I used was 0000, seems to be the default.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭cyning

Sony Ericssons use M2 cards and Nokia's use micro sd cards so :confused: confused :confused:

Try 0000 or 1234 or 12345 if your sure its the right card

cyning wrote: »
    Sony Ericssons use M2 cards and Nokia's use micro sd cards so :confused: confused :confused:

Try 0000 or 1234 or 12345 if your sure its the right card

New SE's use micro SD's, no confusion. :rolleyes:

Actually using a Nokia branded Micro SD card

gpjordanf1 wrote: »
    New SE's use micro SD's, no confusion. :rolleyes:
    Only the higher end ones: and if its an older sony ericsson its a new nokia not vice versa!

• Advertisement

cyning wrote: »
    Only the higher end ones: and if its an older sony ericsson its a new nokia not vice versa!

Wrong again, wow bad run for you!

My W995 is M2

and my wifes free T715 is Micro SD.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,245 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

I reckon homers card is an m2

+1

But surely it wouldn't fit?

If its asking for a pin it's def Micro SD?

We got a free upgrade, my wife had a W595 so got a T715, so the M2 in the W595 wouldn't fit in the T715,
    So I remembered I had a Nokia 6220C in the drawer and it's MicroSD card done the job, not a bother, with code 0000.

So if its asking for a code it will be one of the above defaults.

Or as you said originally wit a hammer :D

P.S. I've just done the above today, so I'm pretty damn sure!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,961 ✭✭✭IrishHomer

Its a Micro SD card i have i think i bought it in a market in Spain for a few Euro perhaps i never used it in the Sony although i thought i did but i might be mistaken.

None of the above mentioned codes worked either....

• Advertisement
Advertisement