Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

JFrames are really bugging me!

Options
  • 16-02-2010 10:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭

I have an application written where a JFrame (which takes in & validates logon details) instantiates another JFrame (if logon is successful). It all works ok EXCEPT the second jframe object appears in the centre of the screen (as it should), but it first appears in the top left corner of the screen for a very annoying instant before repainting itself in the centre.

Any ideas on how I can eliminate this annoying, unwanted feature. The first jframe object appears in the screen centre immediately when it is invoked. I want the second jframe to behave in the same manner. I have used all the jframe related methods that I can think of...but to no avail. All suggestions gratefully accepted..:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,945 ✭✭✭Anima

Check where its show() method is and make sure you set the location before it, no?

Advertisement