Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Helmet cam recommendations

Options
  • 16-02-2010 10:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,644 ✭✭✭

I was thinking about getting a helmet cam to capture my fun and games commuting in Dublin traffic. This JTEK model seems to have a good balance of quality (720 x 480), capacity (4gb) and good reviews at a decent price.

My only concern is mounting it to the helmet. One of the photos shows it sitting nicely on the peak of the helmet, but it is not clear to me how it is secured in that position. Any ideas?

Or any suggestions for alternative models near that price range?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,437 ✭✭✭✭Victor

It looks like a strap similar to the helmet strap - you can just about make it out.

I know someone who uses cable ties, although he has his camera top-mounted on the helmet.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,989 ✭✭✭✭blorg

I wouldn't buy anything that didn't do 1080p min. You may need it if your content is syndicated. I have found it difficult to pinpoint where exactly a helmet cam is pointing- but on the bars you know where it is but get a lot of vibration.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,644 ✭✭✭SerialComplaint

blorg wrote: »
    I wouldn't buy anything that didn't do 1080p min. You may need it if your content is syndicated. I have found it difficult to pinpoint where exactly a helmet cam is pointing- but on the bars you know where it is but get a lot of vibration.

I'd love to, but as far as I can see, anything of that spec would be way above my budget (about £100 GBP). Is there anything of that quality in my price range?

Hi folks - I started this thread in the Cycling forum, but didn't get a whole lot of responses over there. So their mods kindly moved it here, in the hope that some of you will have good experiences with helmet cams to share.

Love to hear from you.

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭adrianshanahan

Hey dude,

Go Pro is the only way to go for POV head cam style shots

More info Here

A

• Advertisement

Hey dude,

Go Pro is the only way to go for POV head cam style shots

More info Here

A

Looks good - have you used one yourself?

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭adrianshanahan

Hey,

Yep I've used the standard go pro but since then the go pro wide and the go pro HD has come out. Even the very basic models are awesome and leave anything else in the market for dead.

One of the best things is that they are waterproof and there are endless types of mounts and clips awailable.

Seriously if you are looking for a point of view camera you would be mad to consider anything else.

Adrian

Advertisement