Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Calvin Harris Savoy Cork

• 16-02-2010 11:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

I've heard that Calvin Harris playing savoy in Cork on 22nd April, but its being advertised as a DJ set. Anyone know what the difference between a regular gig and a DJ set is? I've seen him live before and thought he was unreal, so I really wanna go again.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭Jello

A live show is him playing with the band with instruments and he'll be singing. A DJ set is where he mixes CDs, like a DJ would do in a club. He'll play his own stuff and other people's productions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭Censorsh!t

Is this definitely a DJ set. Was told at the ticketmaster booth it was a live gig, but i can't find any confirmation anywhere.

Dont really wanna go if its a DJ set =/

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭karlm37

It probably is, he's playin a dj set the following night at UCD Ball and then again on the Saturday in the Academy. Saw him DJ before though and in fairness it was a decent night, he's not half bad and plays alot of his own stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,447 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

Censorsh!t wrote: »
    Is this definitely a DJ set. Was told at the ticketmaster booth it was a live gig, but i can't find any confirmation anywhere.

Dont really wanna go if its a DJ set =/

the idiots at ticketmaster booths will just tell you anything, about as useful as an ashtray on a motorbike.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,765 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

For his DJ sets he uses ableton live, to perform his own productions a little differently, on the fly, along with some other productions by other artists!

• Advertisement
Advertisement