Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Banks not lending money anymore.

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭ben101

To stepbar
    Appealed and refused and have just today lodged a formal complaint to head office over the phone and written complaint will be sent tomorrow by reg post.
    I'm pretty much following the advice given to me by the financial regulator number i rang which has been great because i'm fairly new when it comes to this kind of stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,123 ✭✭✭stepbar

ben101 wrote: »
    To stepbar
    Appealed and refused and have just today lodged a formal complaint to head office over the phone and written complaint will be sent tomorrow by reg post.
    I'm pretty much following the advice given to me by the financial regulator number i rang which has been great because i'm fairly new when it comes to this kind of stuff.

You must wait for a formal resolution letter and then proceed to the ombudsman. He will take it from there. The fin reg has got nothing got to do with this. Let us know how you get on, I'd be interested in the final resolution.

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,920 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

To stepbar

This is probably the best thing you can do at the moment. My advice would be from now on make sure all communication on the matter is in writing. Keep copies of everything, and if someone from head office phones you, ask them to follow it up with a letter. (if it's someone from customer care, they'll do this anyway, but it's always good to ask just to make sure) This way if you do need to get the regulator to investigate, you'll have records of all the communication between you and the bank.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭Andymfinancial

Also, suggestions that various banks should have been/ should be allowed to go under will not be tolerated on this forum. This is my only warning on the matter, and if it is suggested again, I will be issuing bans and infractions.[/QUOTE]

Toots, is there any point in being involved in this website if you cannot express opinions? There are several financial reasons why this government would have been better off by letting Anglo fall and it is a genuine discussion topic. Every time someone says something that is slighly anti bank they get shot down by you.

Toots, is there any point in being involved in this website if you cannot express opinions? There are several financial reasons why this government would have been better off by letting Anglo fall and it is a genuine discussion topic. Every time someone says something that is slighly anti bank they get shot down by you.

Couldn't agree with you more ,andy.I made the point that in the states many banks were left to go under as it was seen as healthier in the long run.
    I do accept that being a small country we would have to think carefully about such measures.
    But theres no doubt in my mind that if a lot of our banks were based in america they wouldn't be here now.
    I find it strange that this topic seems to be banned.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,920 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

Andy & Ben, please read the charter in relation to arguing with moderator instructions on-thread. If you do not agree with the instruction, then use the PM function to contact me or one of the Category Moderators.

stepbar
    "The fin reg has got nothing got to do with this"
    technically no but my experrience with talking to them over the phone is that if you're a complete beginner ,they will point you in the right direction and give you the correct phone numbers and website that will take you through the complaints procedure ,step by step.

Just applied online and was approved provisionally
    (WITHOUT using wives p60)
    for over 114000.Now why the hell didn't the muppet that refused 120000 and caused so much grief come back with that and i could of worked with it?!?
    BOI may be advertising that they want new customers but it sure doesn't seem that way in reality.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 520 ✭✭✭Domscard

Just applied online and was approved provisionally
    (WITHOUT using wives p60)
    for over 114000.Now why the hell didn't the muppet that refused 120000 and caused so much grief come back with that and i could of worked with it?!?
    BOI may be advertising that they want new customers but it sure doesn't seem that way in reality.

Very interested to see how this pans out ben101 - if you really do end up with an actual loan, please let us know. As I said before, I've known a couple of people whose 'approval' never materialised into a loan - with no reason given.

Interesting development in the news yesterday,government have taken 16% stake in BOI as from monday.
    Seeing that BOI are semi-state now,does this mean that there own workers will face difficulties procurring loans from their own bank as i have as a semi-state worker.As i was informed on the phone, criteria for lending to public sector and semi-state workers has changed because of the rocky economy.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 33 keary79

im sorry to hear about your bad experience with a bank... hope things work out. maybe you could sue the bank.

but i work in an irish bank not the one in this thread and i know. that there is also alot of debts with the workers like other people out there.
    possibly due to lax lending in the past.
    but like every other customer its been tightened up.

also dont forget in the next few months or sometime this year. alot of us due to no fault of our own or work. will possibly be losing our jobs.

but going to the financial regulator was the right thing possibly the next stage will be to go to the ombusman

Advertisement