Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DSL connection problem

• 16-02-2010 11:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 36

I'm with Perlico and have never been able to get 'online' with their service. I never got the DSL light to come on on the router - went through all the steps to resolve problem - resetting it, connecting ito to main Eircom socket and on and on. Eircom engineer assured me there's no fault on my line and it's fully enabled at exchange for broadband. Eircom engineer said that the router worked at the exchange and up to 3km outside the exchange but then no longer worked. We are approx. 6.5km from exchange. Understand we should be okay for connection up to 8 km...

After plugging in the replacement router Perlico sent out to me today (Zyxel P-660HW-T1 v2 ) the DSL light is still not coming on. I kinda knew this would be a futile exercise...

Has anyone had this problem?? Please let me know what you think.

Thanks...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭Mullaghteelin

Im with Vodafone (ex-BT), and until yesterday was without DSL for almost 3 weeks. The DSL light would come on, blink, and then go off again. We rang the helpline countless number of times. Of course, they blamed it on all sorts of things but it couldn't possibly be their fault! Engineers had tested the line, claimed it was fine.
    We were told it was either routers, filter, wiring, etc etc.
    We have 2 routers, neither would work. We tested both at a neighbour's house, who also has Vodafone, and they worked immediately.

Yesterday, while on the phone to Vodafone, the DSL magically returned. The girl on the helpline said she "changed our DSL profile". It has been perfect since!

I have no idea exactly what she done, but it seems the problem was very much on their end, despite repeated assurances this wasn't the case.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 921 ✭✭✭mehmeh12

shesham wrote: »
    I'm with Perlico and have never been able to get 'online' with their service. I never got the DSL light to come on on the router - went through all the steps to resolve problem - resetting it, connecting ito to main Eircom socket and on and on. Eircom engineer assured me there's no fault on my line and it's fully enabled at exchange for broadband. Eircom engineer said that the router worked at the exchange and up to 3km outside the exchange but then no longer worked. We are approx. 6.5km from exchange. Understand we should be okay for connection up to 8 km...

After plugging in the replacement router Perlico sent out to me today (Zyxel P-660HW-T1 v2 ) the DSL light is still not coming on. I kinda knew this would be a futile exercise...

Has anyone had this problem?? Please let me know what you think.

Yes ive been with perlico for the past 6 months-im trying to get my contract ended early now. The modem constantly disconnects me from internet demanding that it cant find the dsl line. Speeds when modem is working are worse than dial up.

Calling 1912 is useless-neither the customer reps or the technical supports have a clue whats wrong. THEY WILL GIVE YOU THE RUN AROUND IF THEY CAN.

Thanks...
    Im with Vodafone (ex-BT), and until yesterday was without DSL for almost 3 weeks. The DSL light would come on, blink, and then go off again. We rang the helpline countless number of times. Of course, they blamed it on all sorts of things but it couldn't possibly be their fault! Engineers had tested the line, claimed it was fine.
    We were told it was either routers, filter, wiring, etc etc.
    We have 2 routers, neither would work. We tested both at a neighbour's house, who also has Vodafone, and they worked immediately.

Yesterday, while on the phone to Vodafone, the DSL magically returned. The girl on the helpline said she "changed our DSL profile". It has been perfect since!

I have no idea exactly what she done, but it seems the problem was very much on their end, despite repeated assurances this wasn't the case.

Another case of vodafone 'magically' fixing the connection? There obviously making their customers suffer on purpose. Time for people to vote with their feet and terminate their contracts with vodafone. Vodafone have become the new eircom. (and yes i know that vodafone rent the lines off eircom but that still does not explain why old bt customers are getting ****e speeds).

Advertisement