Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

myDIT mail

Options
  • 16-02-2010 11:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭

It wouldn't load earlier on and now that it can it's not accepting my password. Anyone having similar issues?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭Tails142

Yes having the same problem, glad to know I'm not the only one. Hope it's just temporary.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

dreadful system. Ugh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 631 ✭✭✭neil_18_

Same!:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 tonyfloney

http://www.ditsu.ie/elections-2010
    Seany Campbell MANIFESTO

"What I want to do you next year as your President:"
    "I want to look into using Gmail as the new student e-mail system. Let’s face it, the system we have has problems. Gmail is a more user-friendly system and will give students improved access to e-mails. Less annoying, less hassle, much better for everyone.
    I also want to incorporate Boards into the DITSU website. Boards.ie is a system used successfully by colleges across the country and I think it would work well in DITSU. It is a great way to open up the lines of communication even further. Every little helps."
    :cool:

What ye think it could work?:cool::cool::cool::cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

tonyfloney wrote: »
    Seany Campbell MANIFESTO

"I want to look into using Gmail as the new student e-mail system. Let’s face it, the system we have has problems. Gmail is a more user-friendly system and will give students improved access to e-mails. Less annoying, less hassle, much better for everyone.
    I also want to incorporate Boards into the DITSU website. Boards.ie is a system used successfully by colleges across the country and I think it would work well in DITSU. It is a great way to open up the lines of communication even further. Every little helps."

Sean is the way forward IMO. That Nevin guy scares the hell out of me and he wants to take us out of the USI if the stories are to be believed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭darragh16

Glad i'm not the only one, mustve tried every one of my password combos!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Gazza22

If myDIT is down or doesn't accept your password for any reason, just go here and it will allow you access to your email on a basic interface.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭grimm2005

This started happening to me on monday. Eventually changed my password and it worked several hours later when my temporary ban was lifted, but the same started happening again last night and now the page isn't even accessible

• Registered Users Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭FewFew

Seany Campbell MANIFESTO

"look into" ... it's been "looked into" for years. Five years ago another candidate was promising just that thing. If Sean had done a search on boards for the topic I'm sure he'd have found a big ol' debate with super guest posters and such magic. He's just going to get told it can't be done and once he's in power we can't shift his ass and he gets paid... what is it, in the range of just under €30,000?

Fewcifur wrote: »
    "look into" ... it's been "looked into" for years. Five years ago another candidate was promising just that thing. If Sean had done a search on boards for the topic I'm sure he'd have found a big ol' debate with super guest posters and such magic. He's just going to get told it can't be done and once he's in power we can't shift his ass and he gets paid... what is it, in the range of just under €30,000?

LOL you got to laugh its cheaper than what they using already my da works in DIT and he told me that this is happening...lol gmail here we come;);)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭FewFew

LOL you got to laugh its cheaper than what they using already my da works in DIT and he told me that this is happening...lol gmail here we come;);)

So if it's already happening then Sean Campbell has nothing to do with it.

I can well believe Gmail is cheaper, but that would pretty much be DIT admitting that they made a major mistake and wasted money when they went for mydit mail a few years ago. Personally I hope someone gets fired for that decision... it happened at a time when TCD etc were going to Gmail, why make a major change and come up with a system that was even worse than the one originally in place?!

Fewcifur wrote: »
    So if it's already happening then Sean Campbell has nothing to do with it.

I can well believe Gmail is cheaper, but that would pretty much be DIT admitting that they made a major mistake and wasted money when they went for mydit mail a few years ago. Personally I hope someone gets fired for that decision... it happened at a time when TCD etc were going to Gmail, why make a major change and come up with a system that was even worse than the one originally in place?!

I wish people like u went to governing council, Jen Jordan had it on her list of things to do this year and Sean and Tracey were talking about it to IS. I think Sean said he wanted to follow threw on it. Its in the governing council mins well it should be cos I was there when they were talking about it. Things just dont happen people have to work on them and Sean said at the debate the other night that it was going to be cheaper for DIT to run that the system they have already.

Dont just pick something out of the fresh air do some research man it helps.

:cool::cool::cool::cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

Thread closed.

I'll systematically ban anyone who turns any random thread into some sort of political vox populi ahead of the student elections. I don't mind people starting threads in support of their candidates and debating issues, but random threads are not those places.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement