Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Envelopes for Prints?

• 16-02-2010 11:50pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 628 ✭✭✭

hey guys, i've searched all over dublin for those really stiff envelopes for sending prints in. all i can find are those kind with a hard back on them that say 'please do not bend' but i think they're a bit flimsy for sending prints overseas.

i've had photos delivered in envelopes that are completely stiff, no chance of them bending or ripping - does anyone know where i can find them in the city? i'm feeling at this stage that i'll have to buy them online somewhere.

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 4,948 ✭✭✭pullandbang

You can get some A3 size ones here

Unfortunately that's the only size left and there's no more coming in due to lack of interest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭smelltheglove

If you have no luck you can buy a pack of 50 plain a4 card in smyths toy shops art section, I'd just sticj the pics in the middle of a load of card and then send it off, I've done it before when I havent found strong envelopes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 628 ✭✭✭*eadaoin

thanks guys.

at the moment i'm sending things out in acid free plastic pockets (bought in comic book shops), placed between two pieces of cardboard then all wrapped up. it makes sure they wont bend or if the wrapping tears the print wont be damaged, but i can't help feeling that cardboard looks a bit unprofessional.

now that i have the term 'corrugated mailer' i can search online, i wasn't having much luck with goodle so far!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 4,948 ✭✭✭pullandbang

*eadaoin wrote: »
    now that i have the term 'corrugated mailer' i can search online,

You'll be lucky - I made that up 'cos I didn't know what else to call them :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,076 ✭✭✭gman2k

You could try Evans in Meeting House Lane, just off Mary's Abbey, Capel Street.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 100 ✭✭hcnyla

Easons do the A4 size.

You'll be lucky - I made that up 'cos I didn't know what else to call them :D

haha well you helped anyway cause searching for corrugated mailers led me to stay flat, rigid and kraft mailers which seem to be just the thing i'm looking for!

seems to be quite hard to get a hold of them anywhere without buying in bulk online though. i'll keep searching.

hcnyla wrote: »
    Easons do the A4 size.

i searched all through easons on o'connell street and couldn't find anything except those manilla backed ones and flat kind of boxes that are a bit too big. i might have to go back and take a look!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 679 ✭✭✭Kbeg3

Photomart.co.uk have print envelopes, I saw them in their brochure.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 100 ✭✭hcnyla

i searched all through easons on o'connell street and couldn't find anything except those manilla backed ones and flat kind of boxes that are a bit too big. i might have to go back and take a look!

I bought 5 A4 ones in Easons in the Blanch centre on Tuesday. They had two left!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭RichieO

buy the size you want, then put a stiff card in yourself!

RichieO wrote: »
    buy the size you want, then put a stiff card in yourself!

that's not the point! the stay flat envelopes are completely firm all over and run no risk of getting bent, torn or damaged easily, plus personally i think they look much more professional which is one of my main concerns. putting a stiff card in each envelope does none of this and also gives me the hassle of having to do this for everything i send, having an envelope that does the job already is much handier.

i still haven't found any in dublin, i can order them online but only in bulk so haven't gotten any yet!

that's not the point! the stay flat envelopes are completely firm all over and run no risk of getting bent, torn or damaged easily, plus personally i think they look much more professional which is one of my main concerns. putting a stiff card in each envelope does none of this and also gives me the hassle of having to do this for everything i send, having an envelope that does the job already is much handier.

i still haven't found any in dublin, i can order them online but only in bulk so haven't gotten any yet!

Do you mean front and back are hard rather than the normal hard on one side? I'm going to my suppliers this evening who do stationary also, if they have some I'll pick them up, what size?

Do you mean front and back are hard rather than the normal hard on one side? I'm going to my suppliers this evening who do stationary also, if they have some I'll pick them up, what size?

awwww shoot i only saw your message now that i'm home from work and classes :( thanks so much for the offer though, it's much appreciated. these are the kind of thing i'm talking about: linkage they really protect the print. i haven't had a good enough look around on amazon for them, i must see what they have available.

awwww shoot i only saw your message now that i'm home from work and classes :( thanks so much for the offer though, it's much appreciated. these are the kind of thing i'm talking about: linkage they really protect the print. i haven't had a good enough look around on amazon for them, i must see what they have available.

I didnt notice any of those today, all I could get where the ones with board backing on one side. What I did notice was similar to this but boxes. I'll keep my eye out next time as this supplier frequently changes stock, if I see these anywhere in the meantime I'll let you know.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭AnCatDubh

did anyone come up with pre-made/cut, available in small quantities, solution for mailing prints?

I've also done the postal tube solution but it tends imho to be very tight in rolling the print....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,262 ✭✭✭stcstc

one thing i am working on is a postal mailer, thats shaped like a toblerone tube

will be able to cut them on my machine and supply them flat

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 245 ✭✭DougL

You can get some A3 size ones here

Unfortunately that's the only size left and there's no more coming in due to lack of interest.

Damn those things are expensive!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,262 ✭✭✭stcstc

nah they not, they only 0.86 euro each

thats cheap

but having to buy 100 makes it a lot

Advertisement