Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Campaigning to close Itsyourmoney.ie

Options
124»

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

If someone doesn't know how to open a bank account they should be in care.

So a person who has just arrived in Ireland is not 100% sure about how to open a bank account should be in care.

I guess somebody that doesn't know whats on that HSE website should also be in care too...right...right?
    If someone gets themselves in a positions to go bankrupt. I doubt
    that they've had issues opening a bank account.

Opening a bank account is in a different section to debt, dispite what you may think some people can get themselfs into debt very easily without having bank accounts.
    "Pay off as much as you can afford every month so that you reduce your debt as quickly as possible and don't use your card until you have cleared the debt."

Whats obvious to you may not be obvious to others, not everyone thinks the same

For example its obvious to everyone else in this thread that itsyourmoney.ie has its uses and can be handy for people but its not obvious to you at all....not everyone gets the obvious :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,465 ✭✭✭MOH

Hi Jip
    If your interested in what I'm thinking read all the posts I've made
    then you'd know I've answered to that statement about a half dozen
    times already.

No, you haven't. You've given made up, inaccurate figures about how much some competition they're running is, you've got no accurate information on what the site is actually costing.

If *you* read the thread, you'll see that the problem pretty much everyone has is they can't see how this site is in any way related to the HSE.
    In fact, given it's running costs are presumably coming from the department of finance budget, closing it tomorrow isn't going to make a blind bit of difference to the health service.

Besides which, if you're against wastage, a huge chunk of cash has already been spent developing the site. Closing it tomorrow will mean that's been completely wasted.

I'm sorry your brother had a bad experience in hospital, but I'm bemused as to why this site has become the target of your ire.

Random fact ididn't know before checking itsyourmoney.ie - my car can be reposessed without legal action if I've paid off less than a third of it.

Conspiracy theory: do you in fact work for itsyourmoney.ie? Because I'd say they're getting a fair bit of traffic thanks to this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭jhegarty

Cabaal wrote: »
    28064212 I think we should start a compaign about the HSE website obviously its useless and contains information that everyone (me and you) already know.

:rolleyes:

Lets campaign against that website because the money could be used to fix all those potholes left after the flooding last year. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 Chris williams

not everyone gets the obvious :)

Bravo...you can read the last line of my first post if you like

"I'm hoping you can tell me what to do from here with regard to help from Boards.ie and the setting up of a "E-Campaigns Section" on your site,useful hints only please "

This was a general E-Campaigns Section that I had in mind that might help anyone who has an issue and wants to enlist peoples help.

Infact i'd originally posted this in the site development section and it was moved
    here by admins

jhegarty wrote: »
    Lets campaign against that website because the money could be used to fix all those potholes left after the flooding last year. :rolleyes:

If you like go for it!

:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

"I'm hoping you can tell me what to do from here with regard to help from Boards.ie and the setting up of a "E-Campaigns Section" on your site,useful hints only please "

This was a general E-Campaigns Section that I had in mind that might help anyone who has an issue and wants to enlist peoples help.

Your not exactly a poster boy for the E-Campaigns Section you want to created, so far your created a compaign that is pointless and misguided.

If you want a compaign then use petitiononline or something, I honestly don't believe a E-Campaigns Section will ever be created as it would allow people to launch political and misguided agenda's....boards.ie does not exist for people to be allowed to do this.

If your current campaign/agenda is the best you can come up with you need to go back to the drawing board/
    Infact i'd originally posted this in the site development section and it was moved here by admins

This shows that you failed to read the forum charters and sites guidelines and rules, the site development section is not for suggestion forums.....obvious if you bothered to read the forum charter :)

The Forum Requests section is for requesting forums and if you bothered to read your own thread you'd see your post was first moved to the Forum Requests section and then later to Consumer issues....cause its clear its not suited to forum requests.

Infact i'd originally posted this in the site development section and it was moved
    here by admins

Firstly Chris its clear to anybody that your thread and post is not simply about creating a compaign section on boards.ie in fairness your thread title is called "Campaigning to close Itsyourmoney.ie",

Accordingly it is clearly your misguided, twisted and misinformed compaign against a website which everyone else here finds useful.

If it was simply a request for a compaign section then it would have been called "Request for a compaign section" or something to that affect, of course you failed to read the forum charters to know any of this....perhaps this explains why you don't find itsyourmoney useful....you haven't actually bothered to read it properly.

You may try to backtrack all you want but its clear as day what you wanted and now that people are not backing you up as expected you want to turn this into your apparent attempt to create a general compaign section on boards.ie

Your opening line said
    I want to set up an E-campaign to have Itsyoumoney.ie (irony) closed as its wasting hundreds of thousands of euros that could be used in our hospitals

So you only wanted such a section to exist to serve your agenda.

Firstly Chris its clear to anybody that your thread and post is not simply about creating a compaign section on boards.ie in fairness your thread title is called "Campaigning to close Itsyourmoney.ie",

Accordingly it is clearly your misguided, twisted and misinformed compaign against a website which everyone else here finds useful.

If it was simply a request for a compaign section then it would have been called "Request for a compaign section" or something to that affect, of course you failed to read the forum charters to know any of this....perhaps this explains why you don't find itsyourmoney useful....you haven't actually bothered to read it properly.

You may try to backtrack all you want but its clear as day what you wanted and now that people are not backing you up as expected you want to turn this into your apparent attempt to create a general compaign section on boards.ie

Your opening line said

So you only wanted such a section to exist to serve your agenda.

"In fairness" you never read my very first post completely did you.

My original post was directed at Borads.ie and not for general consumption.
    It is and was with regard to having a Campaign Section firstly to
    have a go at itsyourmoney.ie for wasting time and money but secondly
    as a general section for use by anyone wanting to campaign.

The fact that I was initially looking for guidence and approval
    for such a section and didn't just plonk it here were it is now
    proves that.

I have actually read some of the rules believe it or not hence I've
    even made a correction.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,636 ✭✭✭✭28064212

Here's a crazy idea. Set up a thread in forum requests asking for a forum related to e-campaigns. Mention the advantages of such a forum, and if you want, use your itsyourmoney campaign as an example. Not as the central theme of your post and not letting the thread run to 95 posts of arguments before bringing up that it's a general thread and you don't want to discuss the specifics

Boardsie Enhancement Suite - a browser extension to make using Boards on desktop a better experience (includes full-width display, keyboard shortcuts, dark mode, and more). Now available through your browser's extension store.

Firefox: https://addons.mozilla.org/addon/boardsie-enhancement-suite/

Chrome/Edge/Opera: https://chromewebstore.google.com/detail/boardsie-enhancement-suit/bbgnmnfagihoohjkofdnofcfmkpdmmce

• Registered Users Posts: 3,765 ✭✭✭Diddler1977

Sorry OP - can't join you in your E-Campaign to shut down this website.

I actually just checked it out after having read your thread - I had never heard of it before (this isn't some clever viral marketing campaign of the site is it!!!!)

It seems like a good site, am sure it will be useful in some situations. Also how do you know how much it costs to run? And how will the money be diverted from running this website into the HSE be managed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Thread closed

Having read through all 7 pages, I fail to see how this is a Consumer Issue. It is at turns a tirade against mismanagement in the HSE, usefulness of public websites and a request for an e-campaign forum on boards. None of these are Consumer Issues.

Chris williams Please use the Forum Requests forum (Sys > Forum Requests) to create a thread requesting the creation of an e-campaign forum.

dudara

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement