Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cruzy Campers

Options
  • 17-02-2010 12:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys!!!

Anyone ever use cruzy campers.

Are they any good?

Love and Cuddles
    Brendan

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭ballooba

I got stung by a rental car company last year. I wouldn't recommend using any less than reputable companies (i.e. use repuatble ones, don't go for cheapest). If you do, make sure to go for the reduced excess.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭brendansmith

ballooba wrote: »
    I got stung by a rental car company last year. I wouldn't recommend using any less than reputable companies (i.e. use repuatble ones, don't go for cheapest). If you do, make sure to go for the reduced excess.

Got stung how? If you dont mind me asking?

I can't go into too much detail, I got done for 2 grand on a Fraser Island hire car for "damage" as a result of leaving the area in the hire agreement.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭mandrake04

I can't go into too much detail, I got done for 2 grand on a Fraser Island hire car for "damage" as a result of leaving the area in the hire agreement.

People get stung all the time.

Yeah they check for salt underneath the chassis and if they reckon you been driving in the saltwater they will hit you up, I took my own car on Fraser and drove through a bit of saltwater and it never done the car any harm... in my opinion they are just having a go for $3K for nothing

Yeah, in my case it was because there was sand in the engine bay. This could have happened anywhere on the island but because I went outside the area in the hire agreement they stung me for the bond. They allege that the alternator went on fire as a result.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭mandrake04

Yeah, in my case it was because there was sand in the engine bay. This could have happened anywhere on the island but because I went outside the area in the hire agreement they stung me for the bond. They allege that the alternator went on fire as a result.

Exactly the whole Island is made of sand

What make was it a Toyota?

I got a Land Cruiser Prado and drive it on Stockton beach all the time and I mean really hard going driving.... sand get everywhere.... never heard of it burning out an alternator.

Sand is an insulator... salt water is a conductor, Saltwater would do the damage.... cant think why they would blame sand... I think they seen you coming!!

The only option I had was to take them to the small claims tribunal. At the time I was living in Sydney. If I had signed up to the reduced excess that would have been the only saving grace. There is no unfair terms in contracts legislation in Queensland either.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

Cruzy campers? Are they the rental company that went bust last year but started trading under the present name?

jank wrote: »
    Cruzy campers? Are they the rental company that went bust last year but started trading under the present name?

I hope not.

http://www.rankers.co.nz/experiences/1837-Cruzy_Campers?page=2

They have reviews since April 2008 so I guess not.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 44 hplp

I used them last october and found them to be spot on and a pleasure to deal with. I also found that when booking they were one of the few companies that easily showed a final price compared to others that it really could be hard to work out.

P.M. me if there are any specific questions you might have.

H

• Registered Users Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭Tigerandahalf

The companies can be very poor in showing their prices upfront. However, the whole insurance business complicates things. When we returned our van they hardly checked...just a quick look here and there..I was saying to myself if the door had been hanging off they wouldn't have seen it. However, since we had the insurance with the excess reduced to zero, I guess they were fully covered if any damage was done and even if there was, they had nothing to get off of us. Thus we were able to leave the van off and sign off within 5 mins. I'd recommend getting a good van with the excess reduced to zero. You have the peace of mind and with the new vans you would rarely get trouble with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭Ozeire

You could try

Travellers Autobarn are good

or

Van-Tastic Australia

home_promo.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 babyboomer

Hi Brendan if you look at the Cruzy Camper website the customer satisfaction rate is around 90%. They must be doing something right for a Budget company

babyboomer wrote: »
    Hi Brendan if you look at the Cruzy Camper website the customer satisfaction rate is around 90%. They must be doing something right for a Budget company

Yeah I am travelling around in a cruzy camper at the moment actually and it has exceeded my expectations immensly. It was the cheapest I could find also but its a quality company, I approve.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 travelsarah

Hey!
    Never heard of Cruzy Campers but I actually used Travellers Auto Barn and it was great! Another great company I've used is Hippie Campers. Here are the links if you wanna have a look yourself:

http://www.travellers-autobarn.com.au/
    http://www.hippiecamper.com/

Enjoy your trip! xx

I'm suspicious that one of the posters on this thread may have commercial interests. I've reported the thread. Be careful of Wicked Campers in Australia as per below link. You can perhaps judge the cost benefit of cheaper camper options on the basis of business practices used by Wicked Campers. Hopefully these practices are not standard for the industry.

http://news.google.com.au/archivesearch?q=wicked+campers&scoring=a&hl=en&ned=au&um=1&sa=N&cid=4420079693334583

I'm suspicious that one of the posters on this thread may have commercial interests. I've reported the thread.

Why didnt you just report the post?

Why didnt you just report the post?
    Post even.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 travelsarah

Gotta agree one post seemed dodgy.. and gotta agree with Wicked as well! Heard lots of mixed stories and didn't wanna risk it...

• Advertisement

Gotta agree one post seemed dodgy.. and gotta agree with Wicked as well! Heard lots of mixed stories and didn't wanna risk it...

Yeah I used wicked campers in Australia and id say the engine was defo on its last legs, we poured a fortune in petrol into it and even a litre of oil which is terrible for a 3 week hire..it was full when we got it.

Yeah I used wicked campers in Australia and id say the engine was defo on its last legs, we poured a fortune in petrol into it and even a litre of oil which is terrible for a 3 week hire..it was full when we got it.
    The engine would be the least of your worries in those things I reckon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 229 ✭✭R.Shackleford

Any more info on this Cruzy Camper lot? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 babyboomer

have a loomkat the rankers www.rankers.co.nz reviews. Looks impressive

Advertisement