Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

78A

Options
  • 17-02-2010 2:18am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 35

Its not often my mum has to use the bus, 3 grown up children , today she came home after half way trying to bring my nephew to town as a treat for half term on the 78A because some hash head deciedes to spark up and told her to (**** off) not one person backed her up,i am declaring that bus route a no go area for hash if you see me id appriciate your help,i am in no way condoning violence but at least help kids stop smoking hash.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

I had to read that a few times to understand what you were on about.

Basically, some druggie lights up a joint and randomly tells your Mam to fúck off? Did she provoke him/ask him to put it out or did he literally just start cursing and blinding at strangers?

The 78A isn't the nicest rouite by a long way - and anyone stupid enough to light a joint on a bus should be banned from them for a year or two - but I don't think half of west Dublin is going to stop using it just because you say so tbh :rolleyes: If you want to stop kids smoking hash then it's up to parents, teachers to spot them at it and give them a good talking to or a good hiding.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Be careful how you reply.....supposedly we're all 'pussy after hour twats' over there, and 'chickens' for not standing up to it!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭Doc

i am declaring that bus route a no go area for hash if you see me id appriciate your help

So what are you going to do to make this happen?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,316 ✭✭✭KC61

The 78a is unfortunately one of those routes that I would use only when absolutely necessary.

It is slow (given the routing it takes) and tends to pretty regularly have strange odours!!!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

Is that the one that goes from Town to Tallaght?

*shudder*

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

xzanti wrote: »
    Is that the one that goes from Town to Tallaght?

*shudder*

Liffey Valley to town via Neilstown/Rowlagh/Ballyfermot/Inchicore.

That route has always been that way and i don't expect it to ever change tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭Ste.phen

If only we had a transport police...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

My motto for the 78A is stay down stairs and open the windows. Not worth it to confront these scumbags especially if you're a woman. I know they shouldn't get away with it but half of them wouldn't think twice about punching a woman.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

I've never got the route, but have used as bad/worse in the day. Personally I get more annoyed because of the smoke than the hash use, but it's best to stay downstairs, and saying anything to them is just more trouble than it's worth. Even going to the driver is probably going to result in a stand-off that delays the whole bus.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭anotherlostie

The 'late seventies' buses are all known for this sort of behaviour - 79A gets me home, and I will never go upstairs on it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

The 'late seventies' buses are all known for this sort of behaviour - 79A gets me home, and I will never go upstairs on it.
    +1
    I never sit upstairs on that bus. It may be illegal to smoke or spark up on a bus but if there's no policing then it's just a joke. Unless of course you count that stupid recorded message 'Dublin Bus would like to remind it's customers that smoking is illegal on all buses, customers who smoke on buses are liable ...' ah ask me ar5e. You might as well smoke your brains out because that message is the sum total effort made by DB to ensure the buses are smoke free.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

The 77 is a holiday compared to the 78A tbh. I've been upstairs on a 78A fine but I'd definitely think twice about it more than any other route.

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭high heels

Once while heading to BCFE I seen a lad smoking H upstairs.. Tin foil and a biro and he hadent a care in the world.. Its when they start a hot box is when they get stupid. Once it was the kids bus home!!! young kids up stairs... but to be honest no one is going to go near 10 lads up top from that area..

I was on the 40 before and teh driver stoped and kicked them off.. It was deadly as they were real posh... like ya sorry like ya know..

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

high heels wrote: »
    Its when they start a hot box is when they get stupid. ..

What's this now?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭thorbarry

Thats the 78A alright. I used to get that to town from Ballyfermot college... dodgy dodgy bus. There was always someone smoking upstairs on it. Full of scumbags, and 17 year olds in tracksuits with 4 kids and a pram fighting with their boyfriend on the phone

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭high heels

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

I've to get this twice a day everyday and it is always terrible. DB put their worst rickety old buses on the route (Not that I blame them), it slways stinks of piss or cigarette smoke and there are always scumbags upstairs smoking hash/scumbag kids blaring music/ scumbag women with their kids (I remember one encouraging their son who was no older than 4 to scream Fcuk off for the entire 45 minute journey)/ smelly old women.

The drivers are also always smoking on the buses at Liffey Valley.

It's awful when the bus gets to Cherry Orchard because there's a methadone clinic there and a load of junkies always get on.

The route will never change, so just stay downstairs, open the windows and have an ipod blaring.

phasers wrote: »
    I've to get this twice a day everyday and it is always terrible. DB put their worst rickety old buses on the route (Not that I blame them), it slways stinks of piss or cigarette smoke and there are always scumbags upstairs smoking hash/scumbag kids blaring music/ scumbag women with their kids (I remember one encouraging their son who was no older than 4 to scream Fcuk off for the entire 45 minute journey)/ smelly old women.

The drivers are also always smoking on the buses at Liffey Valley.

It's awful when the bus gets to Cherry Orchard because there's a methadone clinic there and a load of junkies always get on.

The route will never change, so just stay downstairs, open the windows and have an ipod blaring.

You seem to be travelling to/from the Liffey Valley or Fonthill Road areas - why not walk to/from the Lucan QBC at the Fonthill Road - much nicer journey and far faster too!!

The Lucan QBC leaves me a 25 minute walk from my house, not ideal on a rainy day!

phasers wrote: »
    The Lucan QBC leaves me a 25 minute walk from my house, not ideal on a rainy day!

True but your journey would be far more pleasant and you'd get some exercise thrown in for free too!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

Yeah phasers, walk your fat lazy arse to college instead :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

Its not often my mum has to use the bus, 3 grown up children , today she came home after half way trying to bring my nephew to town as a treat for half term on the 78A because some hash head deciedes to spark up and told her to (**** off) not one person backed her up,i am declaring that bus route a no go area for hash if you see me id appriciate your help,i am in no way condoning violence but at least help kids stop smoking hash.

Inform the driver. The driver should kick them off the bus or he/she can call for Gardai assistance if needed.

If nobody does this, then Dublin Bus & the Gardai won't be aware of the problem and can't do anything about it.

Inform the driver. The driver should kick them off the bus or he/she can call for Gardai assistance if needed.

If nobody does this, then Dublin Bus & the Gardai won't be aware of the problem and can't do anything about it.

The problem is that it is endemic on virtually every 78a - if that were to happen no bus would ever operate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

All that happens then is a stand-off between driver and smokers that makes all the other passengers want to kill everyone responsible for the delay.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭Sundew

thorbarry wrote: »
    Thats the 78A alright. I used to get that to town from Ballyfermot college... dodgy dodgy bus. There was always someone smoking upstairs on it. Full of scumbags, and 17 year olds in tracksuits with 4 kids and a pram fighting with their boyfriend on the phone

Ah the good auld 78a. I avoid at all costs. I'd let 10 of them pass me to get a 79 instead!

Was pretty quiet over the month of January during the heavy falls of snow.
    It terminated at Cherry Orchard. I wonder what that says!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭uprising2

Its when they start a hot box is when they get stupid.
    xzanti wrote: »
    What's this now?

Sounds like it could be nasty alright, wouldn't fancy getting that bus.

10 Hotbox

The art of expelling fireballs out of ones arse to incinerate any nearby hostiles. To be used when all other avenues are expended.
    "Hey, back off man, dont give me sh1t or I'll hotbox yo ass."

14 hotbox

1. A person (always a female) that shows no symptoms of a disease but harbors the infectious agent of that disease and is capable of transmitting it to others during sexual contact.

2. A baseball-like game played by children with two or more bases. Also known as pickle.
    Guy 1: Dude, why are you bent over and limping.
    Guy 2: I had a run in with a hotbox.
    Guy 1: Hotbox? I haven't played that in years!
    Guy 2: I was referring to a your sister.

17 Hotbox

a stolen car, the po-po is probably looking for right now. most likely a camry or civic
    "damn mom, why you gotta pick us up from school in a hotbox"

19 hotbox

To fart in a closed car, elevator, or closed room, so that everyone with you suffers the sweet sorrow.
    We'll eat corned beef and cabbage for dinner at my mom's, and then I will hotbox the family on the way home.

21 Hotbox

Being in an area of marijuana smokers. But unlike most definitions, in this scenario, the area is completely uncovered, leaving nothing to contain the smoke. Preferably in a very large warehouse, outdoors, or on the top of large buildings.
    Dude, I was at this outdoor concert last night, and I totally got hotboxed!

:pac::pac::pac:

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,080 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

Ah, the 78A to Ballyfermot college. There was nothing like it!

WindSock wrote: »
    Yeah phasers, walk your fat lazy arse to college instead :pac:
    REPORTED :mad:

:cool: I got the 78a this morning again, no hash, but the auld one that sat next to me stank

Advertisement