Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

[US/IRL] 6x04 - "The Substitute" [** SPOILERS WITHIN **]

1235»

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 3,816 Mod ✭✭✭✭LFCFan

dunno if it was already said but maybe the reason Smokey is now 'locked' in Lockes body is because he is dead and usually Smokey only takes on the body of the living and he can keep changing shape. Maybe that was why Ben was manipulated into killing Locke by Jacob and bringing his body back to the island because he knew what was going to happen with Smokey taking on Lockes body.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,682 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

I still think the lostisagame thing is bs. Nothing would make me hate the ending more than to find out the whole thing was literally a game. It's a while since I read it, but as I recall all that guy did was point out classic narrative, thematic and archetypical elements in the show. Stuff you'd find in any story but are more obvious (and less developed) in games.

Predicting character deaths isn't that hard. I was saying Locke was going to die and be resurrected before we even found out he was in the coffin. It's classic hero's journey stuff. The hero always dies and comes back to life, sometimes literally, sometimes metaphorically. You'll find it even in realistic dramas.

Of course, as it turns out Locke wasn't resurrected - but I'm certain that will happen (in some way) later in the season.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭me-skywalker

Ild be bummed out in a way but then again UnLocke said to Sawyer that Jacob manipulated them all into their decisions to lead them in one way or another to the island.

If it is a game.. what is the game> that would be more interesting than just saying 'oh its a game between 2 warring gods'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,027 ✭✭✭homerun_homer

LFCFan wrote: »
    dunno if it was already said but maybe the reason Smokey is now 'locked' in Lockes body is because he is dead and usually Smokey only takes on the body of the living and he can keep changing shape. Maybe that was why Ben was manipulated into killing Locke by Jacob and bringing his body back to the island because he knew what was going to happen with Smokey taking on Lockes body.

Smokie has manifested itself as;
    Christian Sheppard (most likely) - Dead
    Yemi - Dead
    Alex - Dead
    John Locke - Dead

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,294 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Smokie has manifested itself as;
    Christian Sheppard (most likely) - Dead
    Yemi - Dead
    Alex - Dead
    John Locke - Dead

And a bunch of Medusa spiders which paralysed Nikki

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭Dman001

Wow anyone see the the RTE2 ad for Lost. It gives us a peak into Thursdays Episode. Looks good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

And a bunch of Medusa spiders which paralysed Nikki

Oh Nikki.... will you prove to be the piece that makes the whole puzzle fall into place?

(or just a pointless filler character after all? ;))

Advertisement