Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

psp mod

Options
  • 17-02-2010 3:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭

I have a psp 2004 with ofw 4.05. I have a pandoras battery and have been trying to install homebrew firmware but with no joy. I tried totalnewbi installer and magic memory stick maker, but when i insert the pandoras battey it just goes blank with a green light activated and remains in that state until i take battery out. Its doing my head in :mad:. Anyone out there point me in the right direction.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

I always direct people to this guide. Looks like you might be able to do it without the pandora battery (depending on your motherboard). It also has a guide for the pandora method

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭clancyoo7

Tried loading chickenhen onto the psp, and i've bricked the f**king thing:mad:. followed the instructions to the letter and when it was finally suppose to reboot. it shut down and only left with black screen and green light:(. Anybody able to recover these with a pandora battery???????
    PPPlllllleeeeeaaaaaaaaaasssssssssseeeeeeeeee HHHHeeeeelllllllppppp

Did you check your motherboard version beforehand? It doesn't work on all motherboards

Its belong to one of the cousins and I was told it was able to be modified. I was lookin on the net and the only way of finding out was on the box. I foolishly assumed that the information they gave me was ok. Can it be recovered?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 334 ✭✭stellarartois

Hope you have money for a new one?

• Advertisement

clancyoo7 wrote: »
    Its belong to one of the cousins and I was told it was able to be modified. I was lookin on the net and the only way of finding out was on the box. I foolishly assumed that the information they gave me was ok. Can it be recovered?

It can be recovered with pandora ONLY if you find out that it definitely isnt the TA-088v3 motherboard. It's probably worth trying pandora now; if it is the TA-088 then its screwed anyway, if it isn't the TA-088 then pandora will fix it

Now that i think of it, i don't see how chickHEN can brick a psp? It is a "temporary" custom firmware which installs itself onto the psp's RAM, it shouldn't affect the psp's NAND (which is what causes bricks).

Have you tried a full shut down of the psp? i.e. holding the power button for 3+ seconds (instead of just sliding it which puts the psp into sleep mode). A full shutdown clears the RAM and returns the psp to normal.

But maybe I'm wrong, maybe chickHEN does affect the NAND in some way

yeah even took battery out, but no joy

Ah, so you were using chickHEN to try to modify the firmware rather than using it as a "temporary" firmware. I see. I would still try the pandora method anyway before binning it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 334 ✭✭stellarartois

clancyoo7 wrote: »
    yeah even took battery out, but no joy
    do you have money for a new one?

• Advertisement

No, but seen a used one in gamestop for around €70. :(

Advertisement