Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

For Sale: 57cm Bianchi Pista Frame/Fork with Phil Wood BB and some extras

• 17-02-2010 3:53am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

(I tried to post this on dublinfgss.com but cannot get registered there for some reason. If any of you are admins on that site and can help, that would be cool. The username I tried to set up was "neil")

I got a nicer frame a few months ago but it’s Italian-threaded and I never got around to buying a new BB and other stuff to swap it out. Now I’m moving back to the US (where I can get that stuff cheaper anyway) and can’t fit two in my airline box so I’m just bringing the new one and selling this. I also have a few misc parts leftover from upgrading.

It’s a 57cm frame/fork from a 2008 Bianchi Pista and I’m including the headset, stem and BB. The headset and stem are nothing special- just the ones that came stock on the Pista but the BB is a nice one. It’s a sealed bearing Phil Wood one that I bought when the stock one broke on me. The mounting cups are in there too and you’ll also get the little proprietary Phil tool that you’ll need if you ever want to get it out of there, since most Irish shops don’t keep them around.

The frame is used and it’s got the typical scratches from locking up and people banging against it while trying to get their pos bikes untangled in a hurry but it’s just cosmetic stuff, no damage to the tubing. I removed the stickers, (and clearcoat since they were under it), which may not be recommended but they were really ugly and it looks a lot better without them.

The last two things I’m bundling together with this are a pair of pedals and a wheelset. The wheels are the noname ones that came on the stock Pista and they’re not great but work well as a backup set. The rear has a 16-tooth cog. I used them as my backups but have no room in my airline case for two sets without them being crushed together. They also have Conti Gatorskins on them- which hold up pretty well on Dublin Streets. The pedals are MKS with Soma cages and some sort of double straps. Those I could bring with me but I’ve gotten used to clipless and don’t think I could ever go back.

I could chop this up but would hope to be able to get rid of it all in one shot.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭flickerx

neildeal wrote: »
    (I tried to post this on dublinfgss.com but cannot get registered there for some reason. If any of you are admins on that site and can help, that would be cool. The username I tried to set up was "neil")

I activated your account.

You dont have any prices on your items - it'll probably help to sell the stuff if you make an asking price first, rather than wait for offers.

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭fixie

are you selling these seperatly?
    how much for the wheels?
    and the cages and straps?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 neildeal

Flickerx: Thanks for activating that and you're right about the price, I forgot to put that in. I was thinking €200 for the whole lot.

Fixie: I can break it up if absolutely necessary but I'd like to see if I can dump it in one move so I don't have to since I'm leaving pretty soon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,994 ✭✭✭✭blorg

@neil- is the frame drilled for a rear brake?

No. It came with the fork drilled for a front brake but not the rear.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 439 ✭✭Golfanatic

how much for the bb? is it english

@Golfanatic: The mounting cups are English-threaded, as is the Pista frame it's in right now but I just managed to sell all of it. I'll change the title of the thread here now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,994 ✭✭✭✭blorg

neildeal wrote: »
    I just managed to sell all of it.
    Just as well for me. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 439 ✭✭Golfanatic

thanks anyway, i always wanted a phil wood bb even though i dont need it at all :P anywho... thanks again!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 jimjam11

hey is this still for sale.......ill offer 200

cheers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 106 ✭✭it's mick

it's gone... sold through dfgss

Thanks for the replies. I actually sold the whole lot earlier today. I don't see any way to add "sold" to the title of the thread here though.

Advertisement