Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Da Waaaas with da pimp canes?

Options
  • 17-02-2010 4:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭

Last Friday around lunch time I was on Cruises St and walked past a bunch of lads (4-5 of them) and each were carrying pimp canes?

I couldn't believe it and had to do a double-take! They were dressed in the usual manner, tracky pants tucked into white socks, hoodys/tracky tops and baseball hats tilted back in that unmistakable knackerangle.

I overheard them giving a few people abuse as they were walking down the street, nothing major, but I feel like mentioning here incase anyone else has come into contact with them.

Is it possible they've broadened their horizons and watched "A Clockwork Orange" and gotten fashion tip accessories? Or could these canes be used as 'inconspicuous' weapons?

Any thoughts?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭Casperbhoy

Last Friday around lunch time I was on Cruises St and walked past a bunch of lads (4-5 of them) and each were carrying pimp canes?

I couldn't believe it and had to do a double-take! They were dressed in the usual manner, tracky pants tucked into white socks, hoodys/tracky tops and baseball hats tilted back in that unmistakable knackerangle.

I overheard them giving a few people abuse as they were walking down the street, nothing major, but I feel like mentioning here incase anyone else has come into contact with them.

Is it possible they've broadened their horizons and watched "A Clockwork Orange" and gotten fashion tip accessories? Or could these canes be used as 'inconspicuous' weapons?

Any thoughts?

Never seen this before but I would say they are only used as fashion accessories

They would never thinking of using them as weapons.

It goes against the sham code of conduct

• Registered Users Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭bullets

Seen it before but not recently, where the Waaaas would walk about
    with a cane/walking stick or a slender stick like a whip.
    There was more than one case in the past where gardai found people to
    be in possession of a sword cane. (wonder if they got them in TK max :D
    as they by accident stocked some at one stage)

some of the gothy angst ridden teenagers went through a phase like that
    a few years back where some walked about the place with Canes.

Who would have thought the two types would share something in common.

~B

• Closed Accounts Posts: 463 ✭✭Liam79

Pappy, have a read of the thread on "the majority of people in these estates"
    wouldnt surprise me atall if these were the same scobes!

As for them reading A Clockwork Orange :D I'd say more likely they were just listening to some Snoop Dawg kiiidddd! Cos you know teenagers in Limerick have so much in common with South Central LA Black Gangsters :rolleyes:
    They are probably carrying the canes in case they meet the bastard who killed Pac!!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,590 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

I'd say they wouldn't get further than ten minutes in to A Clockwork Orange before their heads explode.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭RonMexico

Lets hope then that someone puts on a free summer screening in Arthurs Quay Park of A Clockwork Orange.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,238 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

pimp-with-cane.jpg

Just what we need, jive talkin shams.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 350 ✭✭rubensni

I saw that on Cruises Street on a Sunday afternoon a few weeks back. Didn't know there was a "pimp" element to them, these looked more like sticks. And Young fellas with sticks to me means get the fcuk out of there, and fast.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭pappyodaniel

rubensni wrote: »
    I saw that on Cruises Street on a Sunday afternoon a few weeks back. Didn't know there was a "pimp" element to them, these looked more like sticks. And Young fellas with sticks to me means get the fcuk out of there, and fast.

They may have been sticks, not sure, but they were being used as canes supporting them whilst walking.

• Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭godfrey

Casperbhoy wrote: »
    Never seen this before but I would say they are only used as fashion accessories

They would never thinking of using them as weapons.

It goes against the sham code of conduct

not so I'm afraid - a pal of mine got a few right slaps a few weeks ago on O'Connell St at around 4pm. he called the cops who didn't even swing the camera around (corner of O'Connell & Cecil St's) in spite of being told the exact location. typical...

g

• Registered Users Posts: 14,128 ✭✭✭✭aaronjumper

I saw one of them on William Street a few weeks
    ago. Strange stuff alright. If the number is increasing
    thats a bad sign.

Tracksuit wearing, pimp cane carrying scobes will
    be more annoying than the run of the mill ones :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,829 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

ya, saw one the other day. They are evolving. At least sticks were free but these canes look like they cost a bit...unless they just robbed it off an unsteady senior citizen which is more likely the case!

Anyway, Knacker + Cane = avoid em.

TC, I love the phrase Knacker Angle hahahaha

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Bagmagnet

Here's a picture i took a few weeks ago

• Registered Users Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭Harpy

Bagmagnet wrote: »

i'd love to just run up and break their kneecaps with a baseball bat..then they'd have a proper use for their canes..

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

So basically they are carrying sticks that can be used as weapons. Classy.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

That pic is so funny

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

This really isnt a new phenomenon, scobes have been carrying "walking" sticks around for years, although the tracksuit tucked into the socks along with the cane gives them an air of class you just dont find outside Limerick

• Registered Users Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭pappyodaniel

Brilliant, that's the gentlemen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭PeteSanchez

is there a girl in blue being assaulted outside HMV there..???? :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭Casperbhoy

Clowns, they should join the circus

Do they not realise how ridiculous they look?

Obviously not:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,871 ✭✭✭Karmafaerie

is there a girl in blue being assaulted outside HMV there..???? :eek:

She mustn't have had his money!

• Advertisement

Can u see it too Karma?
    Is it just an unforutnate "pose" or is she being more or less attacked??!!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Looks more like they are looking into HMV and the camera snapped just as the person moved.

If it was an attack or anything loud, then the bunch across at MacDonalds would be looking over as would the dopes with the sticks.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭bullets

Either that or she's getting attacked by her boyfriends tongue
    shoved half way down her throat. :)

~B

Kess73 wrote: »
    Looks more like they are looking into HMV and the camera snapped just as the person moved.

If it was an attack or anything loud, then the bunch across at MacDonalds would be looking over as would the dopes with the sticks.

Most likely alright.
    Looks dodgy tho!!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,871 ✭✭✭Karmafaerie

Looks like she's either staring at something intently, or blocking her face from the camera.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 196 ✭✭irishleedsfan

Just sitting down with a nice mug of tea now took a big mouthfull and clicked on bagmagnets picture. Thanks dude i nearly choked. And my laptop needs an umbrella. Still cant stop laughing. Funniest thing i have seen in ages.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

B1Z_pimpcanesmedium.jpg&Size=500

• Registered Users Posts: 2,468 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

I'll have to get me one of them canes:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,857 ✭✭✭langdang

"damn dawg, they style is bangin - fo SHIZZLE"

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,131 ✭✭✭MissHoneyBun

I don't know what it is about Limerick scobes in particular but they sicken me at levels other scobes can't reach.

Advertisement