Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Connecting PS3 to Mac by ad hoc network

Options
  • 17-02-2010 9:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭

[Mods: apologies if this has been covered, I couldn't find a thread.]

I have a PS3 250GB and a MacBook Pro (2007) running Snow Leopard.

I want to set up the MBP as a media station to stream music and movies (specifically to transcode so I can watch subtitled movies). The problem is, where I am, I cannot connect to a router. I've installed Nullsoft MediaLink (Trial) and PS3 Media Server.

I've been told I can do it by setting up an ad hoc network where the Mac is the server and the PS3 is the client.

I've searched the web for information on how to do this but haven't come up with anything concrete.

Can anyone here help? Has anyone done this?

Bits and pieces I've read involve something to do with sharing folders and creating a network and turning on DLNA on the PS3, whatever that is. Nothing's so far worked.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭sarkozy

Just another punt at hoping someone can help out with this one ...

Advertisement