Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Knocknacarra people - any of ye kept awake with that alarm last night?

Options
  • 17-02-2010 9:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭

Cos I was:mad:

And not the first time either, I'd say 5-6 times in last couple of weeks it's been going off.

99% sure it's coming from Pure Skill, drove past this morning at 8am and a red security car outside.

8am they turn it off, and it'd been going on all night:mad:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

I think those bloody things ought to be outlawed.

If nobody is checking on them when they go off, there doesn't seem to be much of a point to them.

The ark creche in parkmore's alarm has been going off since October :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭Col200sx

I rang the Environment Department of Galway City Council to complain about the noise today (that's where they say to ring for noise pollution).

They said to ring the Gardai as alarms are nothing to do with them:rolleyes:

Even at 3am I said, still said yes, ring the Gardai as it's their responsiblity.

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭fend

Did you take the name of the security company that went to switch it off?
    Perhaps give them a ring and see what the story is. The "Secure-All" cars are red and as far as I know they are 24hours, as I often see them driving around the city at all hours of the morning...

Ring the company on the van and even ask them if there is a 24 hour number you can have in case the alarm goes off again...

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭3fullback

Oh stop they flamin reck my head. Have been hearing them in knocknacarra a lot recently. Really makes my blood boil. Specially if your studying for an exam and your sitting there and it starts and goes on and on and then it stops but yet it still goes on and on in your head and you can still hear it but theirs nothing to hear.:rolleyes:

I don't believe it, the fcuking alarm is already going off again tonight. This time I've gone over for a look, and it's 100% Pure Skill.

Rang Security (Secure All Security), your man was a right pr1ck, saying: "It went off twice last night, and we turned it off"

And when I told him it didn't, he just said: "Get on to a manager of the place if you want it switched off"

Rang the gardai, and they referred me to the Environmental Dept in City Council, which I had already done today:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 546 ✭✭✭quietobserver

Sounds like a reason to TALK TO JOE 1850 715 815 ahh i can hear him already. He will love this one!!

Seriously i feel your pain.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

Feel your pain from previous experiences, it a nightmare. Im just far enough away from Pureskill not to hear it... Yer man from the security company sounds horrible surely it cant be that hard for him to do his job

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭3fullback

Hmmm Pure Skill alarm is going off,... Security firm say they wont come out and deal with it , Gardai say they are'nt geting involved . Idea anyone ? :cool: seems like a free lunch to me !

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭dec25532

Christ, that is awful. Pester the guards and they will do something just to get you off their case.

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭schween

How about everyone log onto Pureskill website and fill their contact us form out many times.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭dec25532

Yep, that not a bad idea either. Hope something works.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 334 ✭✭stellarartois

Sounds like a reason to TALK TO JOE 1850 715 815 ahh i can hear him already. He will love this one!!

:rolleyes:
    good one.
    :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭?Cee?view

http://www.citizensinformation.ie/categories/environment/environmental-protection/noise_regulations

See the above.

In particular, note the last sentence of the second paragraph in the section entitled, "Types of Noise Covered".

The same section also quotes the European standards which apply which limit the external alarm to 15 minutes.

It seems that the local authority are just being lazy in this case. Big surprise!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,728 ✭✭✭dilallio

I hate it when alarms go off like that. :mad:

A suggestion - why not phone Pureskill on 515510 and explain the issue.

Explain that the security firm were unhelpful, and ask them for the managers/owners home & mobile telephone numbers so they can deal with it if it goes off again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭brainyneuron

dilallio wrote: »
    I hate it when alarms go off like that. :mad:

A suggestion - why not phone Pureskill on 515510 and explain the issue.

Explain that the security firm were unhelpful, and ask them for the managers/owners home & mobile telephone numbers so they can deal with it if it goes off again.

While you're at it, get them to stop people parking out on the road outside Pureskill at weekends! Its really dangerous at that bend in the road when there's two cars parked on either side. There's loads of parking spaces around the back! I find it pretty ironic that people who are going to a sports place are too lazy to walk around the corner from the back carpark!! /Rant over sorry

PS I keep hearing alarms at night too, not sure if its Pureskill or not as I'm a bit far down from it (end of Br Stiofan)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭Head The Wall

Break in and teach them a lesson. Alarm is already going off and nobody is calling out

So I rang Pure Skill there. They've had quite a few complaints about this, and they're looking into it, so fair play to them on that front.

And the manager was very apologetic too.

Although he wasn't impressed when I told him about Secure All Security's attitude on the phone last night:rolleyes:

So hopefully sorted for now.

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭RuthieRose

I just email Pure Skill and made a complaint. Woke us all up the other night... My baby was not impressed.

Advertisement