Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Traffic Chaos on N11 north bound

Options
  • 17-02-2010 10:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭

*ROAD CONDITIONS* *N11/WICKLOW* The N11 Wexford/Dublin Rd is down to one lane northbound at the Bray South Exit (also an exit for Greystones) after a number of collisions. This is following earlier icy conditions. Both lanes are expected to be operational shortly. * At the moment, some traffic is being diverted off the road at the Bray South exit, through Bray Town and back onto the N11 at the Bray/Fassaroe exit. As a result, it’s very heavy from Southern Cross Rd, Vevay Rd and Windgates, right through Bray Town. * Northbound traffic on the N11 is reportedly tailing back to Kilpeddar and it's taking an hour to get from the Glen of the Downs past the crash. * The southbound carriageway of the N11 remains open.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Langerland

Yeah. Was just building up from Kilmac at 7am. Turned off and went through Enniskerrry, but things got very bad after that. The OH went over windgates to go through Bray. Been stuck in Bray for the last hour. Still there!! Not a happy camper.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭ciaran67

Langerland wrote: »
    Yeah. Was just building up from Kilmac at 7am. Turned off and went through Enniskerrry, but things got very bad after that. The OH went over windgates to go through Bray. Been stuck in Bray for the last hour. Still there!! Not a happy camper.

Apparently they've moved the Vancouver downhill skiing competition to the Glenview Hotel car park.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 267 ✭✭esharknz

took about an hour to get through the N11 once we hit the traffic around 7.20am.

Was thinking of the back roads but decided against it as I'm not entirely familiar with them. Not helped with people doing the usual "I'll take the exit then merge back on", and using the hard shoulder, which I don't think is a good idea as I've seen an ambulance stopped because of people using the hard shoulder.
    Moved quite quickly once the Gardai were around. In at Sandyford around 8.30am.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭RosieJoe

Traffic was backed back past Newtown at 9, bumper to bumper all the way up past the Fassaroe exit and then . . . nothing :eek: No accident to be seen, no debris, no damaged cars, just an open road!

Thank christ I'm on the bike, otherwise I would have been driven demented.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭ciaran67

esharknz wrote: »
    took about an hour to get through the N11 once we hit the traffic around 7.20am.

Was thinking of the back roads but decided against it as I'm not entirely familiar with them. Not helped with people doing the usual "I'll take the exit then merge back on", and using the hard shoulder, which I don't think is a good idea as I've seen an ambulance stopped because of people using the hard shoulder.
    Moved quite quickly once the Gardai were around. In at Sandyford around 8.30am.

Kilmac exit toward Roundwood turning off at first major right will bring you to Powerscourt. Turn right just before Powerscourt and you'll enter Enniskerry. Once you get to Enniskerry just head north eventually passing the Scalp and you'll hit Sandyford after Stepaside.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,720 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

Check out the livedrive twitter page, essential information for motorists in and around Dublin
    Bray South exit on the N11 closed &there are rolling closures Northbound past Kilmacanogue after a number of earlier collisions #livedrive
    http://twitter.com/LiveDrive

• Closed Accounts Posts: 710 ✭✭✭Blandpebbles

East Coast FM. Life Saver. Stopped me getting on N11 at Farankelly and got me back on at Southern Cross when it reopened.

Seriously though Fassaroe has crashes every week. Always high speed rear enders.

Today we had the 10 car pile up followed by 2 cars crashing further on.

Probably people on Twitter who caused the crash :)

Advertisement