Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Another 'head shop' damaged by fire

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭FensterDJ

The metro today said, 2 guys just walked in when the shop was open, doused it, lit it and legged it, there was 2 staff in the shop too, at about 9.30, balls of steel.

I'm not lawyer but I can't see the government getting a ban together in 3 months, it would take 3 months to get a definition of what a head shop actually is.

Also, and this is a small point, none of the products are sold for human comsumption, they are all branded as bath salts, or incense or plant growth inhibitors -why anyone would want that i don't know- or whatever. so what exactly would they be banning?

you can't ban all bath salts, radox would not be happy, so you'd have to ban all bath salts with the chemical formula wxyz, so they drug co pharmcists just bring out formula xwyz.

I can't see it happening anytime soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭tfak85

whe i was cycling home up camden street/wexford street this evening i noticed the sign for the new head shop there is down, now it just says "camden street ---- shop"... the sign was up last week... hard to know if it's related to these incidences, i honestly have no clue as to whether it's the same company...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,791 ✭✭✭electrogrimey

FensterDJ wrote: »
    The metro today said, 2 guys just walked in when the shop was open, doused it, lit it and legged it, there was 2 staff in the shop too, at about 9.30, balls of steel.

9.30 am or pm?

Can't really see any motive for paramilitaries, unless it's just good old fashioned Catholic intolerance, so my vote goes to the dealers. Maybe we should add a poll to this, it could be like X-Factor. For arsonists.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,492 ✭✭✭MementoMori

9.30 am or pm?

Can't really see any motive for paramilitaries, unless it's just good old fashioned Catholic intolerance, so my vote goes to the dealers. Maybe we should add a poll to this, it could be like X-Factor. For arsonists.

Motive for paramilitaries is cutting into their drug profits.
    First attack sounded like a pipe bomb, second like standard criminal intimidation. Would be kinda shocked if it wasn't paramilitaries/drug dealers.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,791 ✭✭✭electrogrimey

Motive for paramilitaries is cutting into their drug profits.
    First attack sounded like a pipe bomb, second like standard criminal intimidation. Would be kinda shocked if it wasn't paramilitaries/drug dealers.

I suppose there'd be quite a big overlap between the two, especially at the top.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Also, and this is a small point, none of the products are sold for human comsumption, they are all branded as bath salts, or incense or plant growth inhibitors -why anyone would want that i don't know- or whatever. so what exactly would they be banning?

They'll bring in a law blanket banning the products in some manner similar to the way the UK have.

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭DepecheHead101

I'm not lawyer but I can't see the government getting a ban together in 3 months, it would take 3 months to get a definition of what a head shop actually is.

you can't ban all bath salts, radox would not be happy, so you'd have to ban all bath salts with the chemical formula wxyz, so they drug co pharmcists just bring out formula xwyz.

I can't see it happening anytime soon.
    They aren't banning the shops themselves nor are they banning what the products are marketed as. They are banning the active chemical compounds in these products. So in the case of the smoking blends, synthetic cannabanoids will get a blanket ban as opposed to - say - incense sticks and candles.

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭FensterDJ

9.30 am or pm?

pm

i'm going with the dealers theory, although Nirvana, the first shop to be burned, is a wholesaler for a lot of the other shops, so maybe it's more of a personal vendetta against him, so maybe he was approached to pay protection or to give up a cut of the profits or something, and things got nasty

Advertisement