Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Luke 'Ming The Merciless' Flanaghan Posters

Options
  • 17-02-2010 10:36am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭

Just posted a few of this Lads (Luke 'Ming the Merciless' Flanaghan') Posters At 'VOTE MING'

ming12.jpg

He is now a county councillor in Roscommon, having been first elected in 2004.
    Not your run of the mill poster!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,146 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

I know Luke for many years now and he is now in his second term as a Councillor in the Castlerea area. He is also now in posession of a full head of hair :)

• Registered Users Posts: 33,466 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Looks like a grown-up Bart Simpson poster designe by Freddie Mercury...!

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭simonj

Councillor Flannigan topped the poll in Roscommon, and is a highly respected local rep.
    I'd like to see him in the Dail

• Registered Users Posts: 24,253 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

At that time he was running pretty much uniquely on a 'legalize marijuana' platform in Galway. Since then he's become a very well thought of councillor in Roscommon and tbh, I'd consider him quite highly for a vote in a general election if I was a member of his constituency as any time I've heard him speak he's come across as highly intelligent.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,283 ✭✭✭✭Scofflaw

Sleepy wrote: »
    At that time he was running pretty much uniquely on a 'legalize marijuana' platform in Galway. Since then he's become a very well thought of councillor in Roscommon and tbh, I'd consider him quite highly for a vote in a general election if I was a member of his constituency as any time I've heard him speak he's come across as highly intelligent.

The only time I've ever heard him speak he came across as extremely stoned. To be fair, it was at a party, and many years ago.

cordially,
    Scofflaw

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭ChocolateSauce

I've met him, and he'll be speaking with the UCD Humanist Society this year.

He is, simply put, the greatest orator I've ever seen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 Duffy7

He didn't run at the last General election and must be tempted to have a run the next time given his electoral success in Castlerea.
    I heard he didn't use posters at the last local elections and instead had an old style campaign of speaking outside churches and the like.
    He'd be a good addition to the Dail.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭Bottle_of_Smoke

Duffy7 wrote: »
    He didn't run at the last General election and must be tempted to have a run the next time given his electoral success in Castlerea.
    I heard he didn't use posters at the last local elections and instead had an old style campaign of speaking outside churches and the like.
    He'd be a good addition to the Dail.

Are you sure? I thought he didnt use posters the first time but did the second.

The second time he also did a lot of youth work etc, he's very intelligent, would love to see him in the dail.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

Scofflaw wrote: »
    The only time I've ever heard him speak he came across as extremely stoned. To be fair, it was at a party, and many years ago.

cordially,
    Scofflaw

I had no idea - Thanks for letting us know this.

Advertisement