Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Best Satellite Meter

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,337 ✭✭✭✭Tony

Its not a retail site so its never going to have prices displayed. You are right about that stupid cuckoo though what a pain. I'd imagine these would retail around the 400 euro mark.

Mike 1972 wrote: »
    How much is it exactly ?

The website has everything about the product except how much they are actually asking for it :rolleyes: (Maybe its buried in the small print but that cuckoo clock was doing my head in.......)

What the hell is it with companies that do this ?

At the moment I am trying to order stuff but for work and the number of websites out there which dont have prices (and/or cpmplete info RE: their products) is unbelievable and when I try to obtain such sensetive information by email they dont even reply :mad:

<Shuffles off to Ranting and Raving board..........>

Desktop PC Boards discount code on https://www.satellite.ie/ is boards.ie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,807 ✭✭✭Apogee

The Trimax 2500 meters - which the Smart meters are just rebadged versions - are available for around €300 on ebay.ie. Although as they are coming from overseas, Mr Taxman might hit you with duties.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,477 ✭✭✭azzeretti

Does anyone have any experience with the Horizon Nanosat Meter? (it seems to be rebadged as a Manhattan Nanosat too)

http://www.wizardsatellite.co.uk/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=12_32&products_id=342

• Registered Users Posts: 30 darken9

Would anyone with a professional meter be willing to help me set up my motorised dish? It needs adjusting and after spending two weekends on a ladder with a crappy beeper and a mate shouting through the window I have had enough.
    I am of course not expecting this to be free but the 150 bills I was quoted seems a bit steep considering the pole is up.
    Anyone willing to help

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,337 ✭✭✭✭Tony

Roughly where are you located? Does the motor have manual control on it ? (this saves a lot of time)

darken9 wrote: »
    Would anyone with a professional meter be willing to help me set up my motorised dish? It needs adjusting and after spending two weekends on a ladder with a crappy beeper and a mate shouting through the window I have had enough.
    I am of course not expecting this to be free but the 150 bills I was quoted seems a bit steep considering the pole is up.
    Anyone willing to help

Desktop PC Boards discount code on https://www.satellite.ie/ is boards.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 30 darken9

I am in the Dublin 15 area the motor has manual control. My box is a Vu+ Duo and the dish is 1 meter.

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Mickgt10

Hi I have an horizont meter, went to set a dish tonight and all I can get is the 2 lo signals can't find the high signals atall, no signal coming to box either. Any ideas wat prob could be.?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,380 ✭✭✭STB.

Thanks for resurfacing this thread Mick as I hadnt seen it before. Sorry I cant answer your question as I dont have a Horizon.

The Sat guy's comments made me laugh evenmore so when I googled his name! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,362 ✭✭✭rolion

STB. wrote: »
    Thanks for resurfacing this thread Mick as I hadnt seen it before. Sorry I cant answer your question as I dont have a Horizon.

The Sat guy's comments made me laugh evenmore so when I googled his name! :)

Hi,

Best sat meter these days (January 2018) is the REVEZ range,as per HERE . Got one myself,this model from H E R E and is brilliant!

PS
    As well i had to read the thread...BUT...as much as we hate him or hate ourselves i can say now,after 8 years that he was fcukign right.
    We had to respect other people's opinion and freedom to shop around but not bull****tign the local Irish business.

Im having same issue with my business and i try to explain that me versus online is like supplying a service(my knowledge and time) versus a product(that is been delivered at home).While that may work with some people,will not for all or for others.

Will i shop around for best value ? Of course, but i always set priority for the local experience and for the local's "over the desk" support.
    Have fun...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,707 ✭✭✭✭The Cush

Came across this satellite meter recently, SatPal from Inverto. It displays the information via an app on your phone via Bluetooth. Looks interesting. Internet pricing starts at about €350.

http://www.inverto.tv/satpal/321/the-ultimate-satellite-installation-management-tool
    The Sat Finder feature is location-based (GPS) and helps the installer quickly identify the dish alignment direction with the exact azimuth and elevation angles for the dish as well as the tilt angle for the LNB. The Sat Meter includes a realtime spectrum analyzer and allows professional measurements of signal strength and quality, MER, BER, PER, C/N and link margin. There is also a buzzer to further help optimizing the reception performance based on signal level and signal quality.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 719 ✭✭✭12 element

The Cush wrote: »
    Came across this satellite meter recently, SatPal from Inverto. It displays the information via an app on your phone via Bluetooth. Looks interesting. Internet pricing starts at about €350.

http://www.inverto.tv/satpal/321/the-ultimate-satellite-installation-management-tool

I have one if you want to know anything about it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 719 ✭✭✭12 element

Mickgt10 wrote: »
    Hi I have an horizont meter, went to set a dish tonight and all I can get is the 2 lo signals can't find the high signals atall, no signal coming to box either. Any ideas wat prob could be.?
    You need to update the transponder list on your meter. Go to Horizons website and download them.

Advertisement