Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mary Coghlan; Is it time for her to resign??

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

oceanclub wrote: »
    she was rebuked for swearing at Michael Dell.

Huh, have you citation for this?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,321 ✭✭✭IrishTonyO

Have to say I feel sorry for Mary Coughlan, I just think she is out of her depth.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭oceanclub

Huh, have you citation for this?

http://www.politics.ie/current-affairs/63575-coughlans-diplomacy-massive-dell-screw-up.html

Richard Waghorne,writing in the Irish Daily Mail sat 25.4.09 writes about the ''ill-fated trip she made with Willie O'Dea to visit the Dell headquarters in Texas in a last ditch effort to avert job losses in Limerick.''

According to Waghorne,the meeting with Michael Dell was an utter disaster.

Aside from the fact that ''the Dell founder was incensed at her insinuation that Dell would suffer negative publicity in Ireland if it pulled out'',Coughlan surely put the final nail in the coffin when:

Quote: ''the Tanaiste let rip with a stream of the colourful language for which she is notorious inside govt buildings,eliciting a particularly infuriated reaction from one of Michael Dell's deputies,an ordained minister.''

P.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,406 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

willie o'dea and mary coughlan

nothing like sending out the best

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

willie o'dea and mary coughlan

nothing like sending out the best

:rolleyes:

Wonder how much it cost the taxpayer to send those two Idiots Stateside to shame us internationally?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

oceanclub wrote: »

Wow, I googled this quite a bit and couldnt find it .. I was actually genuinely asking, not trying to second guess you. My god, if she said "stream of the colourful language for which she is notorious inside govt buildings" in front of a ordained minister, can you imagine what she said to swashbuckling Mick O'Leary. If this is true, she should have lost her position for this alone.

I'm sure the phrase "O'Leary, you can stick your f*kn 300 jobs up ur f*kn hole" may have been heard inside government buildings the other evening...

Advertisement