Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off the cigs....tis a hard job!

Options
  • 17-02-2010 11:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 765 ✭✭✭

Ok, so this is my first day off the smokes and its a toughie.
    Put the patch on last night (and had a few very weird dreams!).
    Wasn't too bad when woke up, 50:50 - have a cig: dont have a cig.
    Now as the morning progresses, Im chewing more gum and feeling like i could hit someone (I wont but have that feeling!).

That little thought is floating around the head: "Why are you putting yourself through this, have a cig". Now i know that I shouldn't and so far I haven't but its a tough process. I dont have any cigs near me and if I wanted one then I have to go to the shop, which is good. I could do with popping into the shop this eve to get food for dinner etc but I really will have to pass on that.

Why did I ever put that first cig to my mouth all those years ago!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭massdebater

Because it was cool?

• Registered Users Posts: 765 ✭✭✭Ticktactoe

Because it was cool?

Social popularity never bothered me.
    Experimenting I would say. Then got the feel for it and like it not taking into account the negetives because i was young.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭massdebater

I know, I wish I never started.

Pity someone didn't tell me about the the dangers of smoking before I started.

Oh wait...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

Ticktactoe wrote: »
    Ok, so this is my first day off the smokes and its a toughie.
    Put the patch on last night (and had a few very weird dreams!).
    Wasn't too bad when woke up, 50:50 - have a cig: dont have a cig.
    Now as the morning progresses, Im chewing more gum and feeling like i could hit someone (I wont but have that feeling!).

Keep it going. The first three days are the hardest. But it's worth it. I'm 48 days now and feeling great about it. If you think you can wean yourself off the patch sooner rather than later. You will need to free yourself from nicotine eventually and the longer you leave it the harder it will be.

Get some oranges. When you get a craving - peel one. By the time you finish peeling the craving should have passed. Then you some healthy orange to eat.

• Registered Users Posts: 765 ✭✭✭Ticktactoe

Macros42 wrote: »
    Keep it going. The first three days are the hardest. But it's worth it. I'm 48 days now and feeling great about it. If you think you can wean yourself off the patch sooner rather than later. You will need to free yourself from nicotine eventually and the longer you leave it the harder it will be.

Get some oranges. When you get a craving - peel one. By the time you finish peeling the craving should have passed. Then you some healthy orange to eat.

Thanks Macros and well done! Must get some oranges!

I have survived the first 24 hours anyway so am aiming for 48hrs now.
    Yesterday eve was tough as I felt so tired and drained, even had a cat nap on the couch as was fit for nothing else! It feels like im fighting a cold or flu but im assuming these are the withdrawel symptoms..

• Advertisement
Advertisement