Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Im looking for a smartphone that is good for the following

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭estreetb

thanks bedlam,
    im just browsing ryanair atm using a sony w200i ph Sony Ericsson W200 - Full phone specifications

it only has these screen specs 128 x 160 pixels x 1.8 inches but the clarity using opera mini4 is very impresive

only problem with w200 screen using ryanair is scrolling and possibly missing an important button relating to fees etc

so I can only imagine what the 5800 is like.

given that the w200 has excellent sound quality for radio/mp3s the 5800 is back in the running

ive heard great things about the e71 but am wondering about the screen size and practicality of booking flights and banking online.

these are important to me as i travel quite a bit and dont want to have to lug a laptop around with me if i can help it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

My 2cents. Haven't used many smart phones though. I have a E71 and the camera is dire, as is the 5800's camera, E51 etc. You need to goo the E72, N86 to get a decent camera. I suspect the N97 and N97 mini might be a good compromise. I have an iPod Touch and compared to that,browsing on the E71 is like being back in the stone age. I dunno about other phones. No flash on Apple though. However the E71 is a better Palm PDA (well a lite version) than the Touch is. But that wasn't part of your requirement.

thanks bedlam, ive been on airline sites and ulster just now on the w200 and its possible although not perfect.

the 1.8 screen is the biggest problem. the data itself is very clear so the smartphones should be grand.

ill try the phones in store just to be sure.

is there a suitable slider phone option with a physical qwerty keyboard and touchscreen

requirements from original post
    good battery
    3g / hsdpa
    internet (email, banking, google, boards, booking flights, flash capability)
    good music player 8gb storage capacity (either in ph or memory card)
    gps and maps
    wifi
    bluetooth
    decent camera
    fm radio rds

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

Silder with a Querty? Palm Pre. Not used one though.

• Advertisement

i bought the 5800 from vodafone PAYG

qs for the mods

should i post qs here about what i think of it and any problems i might have or should i join the 5800epxress thread?

Nokia 5800 XpressMusic

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,044 ✭✭✭gcgirl

5800 thread i'd say would be the place

Advertisement