Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Lyon vs Real Madrid

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,681 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

stovelid wrote: »
    Fair point but from what I can see, Madrid spent 273 (and failed to land Ribery) while Lyon spent 70. Hardly like and like.

they also got like 35-45m for benzema so i think there allowed to spend a bit tbf

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,267 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

Overall, it was an even match.

Lyon had the better chances in the first half. Casillas was stranded for Delgado's chance which cracked the post and, but for Lopez's inability to head the ball, Lyon would have had several more chances.

I can't believe the space Makoun got for his goal. There was no pressure on him at all from Real. No wonder he was able to pick his spot so easily.

Taking Higuain off, when he wasn't doing badly, for Benzema, which seemed to be purely an emotional move, was mind-boggling. Higuain would have been helped if he had better supply from Ronaldo and Kaká.

Which brings me to Ronaldo. It was one of the most frustrating matchs I've seen him play ever. He tried all his fancy trickery and pulled off occassionally but that was in the safe part of the pitch. Once he got to the final third, I only remember him once doing something good (when he forced Lloris into a save).

Also, Lloris had a very good game for Lyon. He made a few good saves, including a brilliant one from Higuain, and he looked very comfortable in dealing with balls flying at him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,046 ✭✭✭eZe^

Obviously as a supporter you won't agree.

Mate, I hate Real Madrid more than anyone on this board, it's just that some of the things people in Ireland come up with are complete fabrications and silly silly statements, which means that quite often I have to take issue and debate their side of things. Don't worry though, I'd be absolutely ecstatic to see Ronaldo, Kaka, and this entire Galactico MK II crash like the Hindenberg. ;);)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

eZe^ wrote: »
    Mate, I hate Real Madrid more than anyone on this board, it's just that some of the things people in Ireland come up with are complete fabrications and silly silly statements, which means that quite often I have to take issue and debate their side of things. Don't worry though, I'd be absolutely ecstatic to see Ronaldo, Kaka, and this entire Galactico MK II crash like the Hindenberg. ;);)

God, you're actually a Barca supporter right? :o

/moves swiftly on

God, you're actually a Barca supporter right? :o

Hahah, yes! Now I'm very confused. :D Did you think I supported that crowd in white?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Hahah, yes! Now I'm very confused. :D Did you think I supported that crowd in white?

I just bet out my reply without thinking too deeply and you were defending them quite knowledgeably. Total fail on my behalf. Talk about the worst insult I could dish out...:o

Hahaha, everytime I have to defend them a little bit of my soul dies... :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

lloris is so ****in good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 970 ✭✭✭Kirnsy

Alves was bought two seasons ago, and Barca have always splashed the cash, but the key to their success at the moment is their youth product. Couple that with the underdog story they've had with Madrid over the years and they'll always be seen more favourably. Raul no longer plays for Real (have seen him less than 10 times this season) and Granero/ Guti aren't played consistently. The only permanent youth product in the Real team is Casillas, it's incredibly naive to compare Barca's spending policy to Madrid's. Barca bought for squad depth, Madrid bought for marketability and stature. The signings of Benzema are interferring with the likes of Higuain and Saldado (who left as a result), Kaka ruined any chances for Van Der Vaart/ Sneijder/ Guti, Alonso phased out Gago/ M. Diarra, Ronaldo has taken the spot of a good Arjen Robben. Their spending policy is alot more frivolous mate. Hard to compare it to anyone bar City's really.

All good points and i agree overall, my real point was that Barca v Real isn't the Good v Evil its sometimes made out to be.

• Advertisement

Kirnsy wrote: »
    All good points and i agree overall, my real point was that Barca v Real isn't the Good v Evil its sometimes made out to be.

And being a Barca supporter, I agree, especially considering how commercial the game has become in the past 10 years, the line has become extremely blurred.

Advertisement