Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cara Dillon

Options
  • 17-02-2010 1:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭

Any of you a fan of Cara Dillon? I'd like to convince her to play a gig in the kildare area so if you think you'd go put your name down!

1. Jonnycwh

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭Remmy

Ive only listened to her from youtube but she is such a great singer.I would love to go to see her.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Futurecrook

I'd be a fan of hers alrigt. She's got a great voice. Where are you thinking of putting on the gig?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭neil_hosey

Ye shes a great singer that never got the recognition in ireland that she got in england due to some dodgy record distributors in ireland making a balls of it. Records never properly made the shops apparrently.

Amazing singer.. one of my favourite ones of hers is herself and Iarla O Lionaird singing Mo Ghile Mear... 2 of the best singers ireland has produced imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭Remmy

I can't link to it now but there is a great version of her singing the streets of Derry with Paul Brady.Its really hard to stop listening to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭Tinwhistle*

jonnycwh wrote: »
    Any of you a fan of Cara Dillon? I'd like to convince her to play a gig in the kildare area so if you think you'd go put your name down!

1. Jonnycwh
    2. Tinwhistle*

I'd be more than welcome to host it in our pub in Kildare!

Please call me on 087 6881331

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,700 ✭✭✭Mountainsandh

Hi Johnnycwh, I'm a huge fan of Cara Dillon, and would love a gig in Ireland too, but tbh I think it would take more than one date, and a hefty fee to bring her down. Maybe a (or a few) festival gig(s), if you know anyone who organises a festival/festivals.
    I'm new here but if at any stage she was playing down here I'd love to go so please keep us posted ? :)
    She did play at the world Fleadh maybe... 3 years ago (she was expecting at the time), that's the only gig I've seen her play in Southern Ireland (heard her once up North too it was a brilliant performance, Dougie McLean and Cara Dillon in one afternoon, great festival).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 260 ✭✭chalad07

Remmy wrote: »
    I can't link to it now but there is a great version of her singing the streets of Derry with Paul Brady.Its really hard to stop listening to it.

Spot on mate - what a great song. Something about it makes you keeping hitting repeat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭jonnycwh

Hi Johnnycwh, I'm a huge fan of Cara Dillon, and would love a gig in Ireland too, but tbh I think it would take more than one date, and a hefty fee to bring her down. Maybe a (or a few) festival gig(s), if you know anyone who organises a festival/festivals.
    I'm new here but if at any stage she was playing down here I'd love to go so please keep us posted ? :)
    She did play at the world Fleadh maybe... 3 years ago (she was expecting at the time), that's the only gig I've seen her play in Southern Ireland (heard her once up North too it was a brilliant performance, Dougie McLean and Cara Dillon in one afternoon, great festival).

Hi Mountainsandh, Yeah she played at the World Fleadh a few years back and and also at a free gig in Killaloe too. I've been to many of her gigs in Ireland North and South and also at a gig in London.
    @Tinwhistle: where is your pub? I'm a kildare man myself. I was thinking of cool locations for a gig and wondered if you'd need a concert license to hold something like this? I was thinking it'd be great to have her play at Kilkea Castle just outside Athy or something along those lines. Even a pub atmosphere would be great as long as its not one of those modern superpubs.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,499 Mod ✭✭✭✭Blade

I can get you a 220 seater licensed venue in one of the oldest pubs in North Co. Dublin and help with the promotions, I could sell her out myself. PM me if that's any use to you.

Advertisement