Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

conduit jumps

Options
  • 17-02-2010 1:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭

have to do jumps over 20mm steel conduit

whats the handiest way of doin these thanks

davelerave

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,591 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

How big is the thing that you have to jump?

There are two good ways I found:

1) Practice!! Do 2 sets bact to back.

2) Fix Unistrut to the wall/ceiling. Then fix the conduit to the Unistrut with pipe clamps. Now you conduit is 40mm off the wall/ ceiling. No fancy bending required at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭M cebee

im crossing over 20mm conduit so its about 30mm jump

want to do the small jump rather than set out and back in

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭pdiddy

have a look here

http://www.wonderhowto.com/how-to-three-point-saddle-conduit-bend-259540/

pretty easy to make but might take a few trys for perfection

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭mazthespark

a way i have always found handy is to
    1. measure from a reference to the centre of the item to be jumped( where other end of conduit will be)
    2. on that mark bend about a 60 degree bend (adjust depending on height of jump etc)
    3. no lie that down on ground and measuring from inside of bend line up a straightedge at the distance u need to jump making sure straight edge is parallel to apex of bend.
    4. mark where the straightedge crosses over the conduit.
    5. now line these marks up at a tangent to the former or ur bender(making sure to bend correct way.

this method has worked for me everytime may need slight adjustments depending on height of jump but principle is same

Happy bending :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭M cebee

make a few practice jumps with some loose ends

so i know enough to do the 30mm jumps

never had any need for them before

• Advertisement
Advertisement