Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guitarist Available North Dublin

Options
  • 17-02-2010 1:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭

Im a guitarist, 20 years of age, playin bout 5 years (primarily rhythm).

www.myspace.com/garywhitemusic

^^ Check out my home recordings and two tracks with my old band, Star Crossed Enemies.

Im looking for a band on the northside of dublin, new or established, any style really, just not metal or emo type stuff. And im not looking for anything like "were gna make it big!!", I just want to play music and learn, as youll see at the end, I already have my future plans

I have lots of gigging experience and I still gig playing for 1 or 2 bands I know on the side. Have played on many radio stations, and in venues like Whelans (up nd down) Villiage, Button Factory, Greystones Theatre, Ruby sessions @ Doyles, Spirit Store. Supported bands like Heritage Centre, Funeral Suits, Mail Order Messiahs, Ambience Affair, and New Yorks Roger Manning!biggrin.gif (He was very good!!)

My main influences are (fairly big list to give you a good idea) : the beatles, MJ, John Frusciante, NEU!, Shangri - las, Lennon, NewNo2, Warpaint, Cat Stevens, Radiohead, Depeche Mode,Vincent Gallo, James Brown, Iggy & The Stooges, Ramones, Nirvana, Beach Boys, Nick Cave & the bad seeds, Gang of Four, Black Sabbath, Bicycle Thief, Bob Dylan, Zeppelin, Lou Reed, Neon Neon... and lots lots more.

My main thing is writing, I want to write and write, practice, practice. Record. Gigs would be few, until summer. (For any students interested in this post... I'm broke!)

If your interested please get in touch and please send me alink to your stuff.

I intend on going to college this year for sound engineering so, Id like to have a band to experement w/ on recordings, as wel as just record.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭NewNo2

Bump. ^ I meant to take out the line My main aim is to rehearse in a rehearsal room (if not all the time, then alot). This no longer applys.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

NewNo2 wrote: »
    Bump. ^ I meant to take out the line My main aim is to rehearse in a rehearsal room (if not all the time, then alot). This no longer applys.
    If you can't edit your post and you need something changed, just let me or one of the other Bands & Musicians mods know and we will oblige.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 DREWMUSIC

Hey man,
    im drew, 23 from north dublin, play some guitar and sing.. lately a lot of acoustic folk stuff but i love blues and classic rock, big springsteen fan, stevie ray vaughn, the raconteurs, jack white, John mayer,smashing pumpkins, G n' R, MAN I LISTEN TO EVERYTHING! been trying to get a band together for a while, what kind of stuff do you wanna play?

hey man.

Im unsure of the style, cuz, I dnt wanna just do one in particular, not for the start in anyways, see how itd go. Im not really lookin for a 2nd guitarist at the mo either. sorry

bump

• Advertisement
Advertisement